C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

Dim or Darkening of Dash Display

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gmerry   
Mon Jun 25 2012, 03:37pm
Member No: #21
Hi, has anyone figured out a software or wiring solution to enable the entire dash to be dimmed much more, or even completely darkened. For drving at night I much prefer to use the HUD which can be nicely dimmed, and would prefer no dashboard at all.

Regards
G
Dapprman   
Mon Jun 25 2012, 09:27pm
Member No: #710
Isn't it a legal requirement to have your speed visible at all times ?

Reason I ask is that I've noticed all too often that at night if I'm behind a silvery light blue car then the HUD 'vanishes' and I have to start using the dash again for a short while.
gmerry   
Tue Jun 26 2012, 07:57am
Member No: #21
Yes, the speedo has to remain visible. The problem I have with the C6 speedo is that at night with everything else on Dark, the speedo even on it's dimmest setting is still very bright and distracting. I think it has something to do with the technology used, needs a minimum voltage to get a stable display.

With a bit of logic, they could have had an "either" option for the HUD display programmed in. IE, if the HUD is switched on, the dashboard goes dark. If the HUD is switched off, the speedo remains visible.

Regards
G

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club