Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: Members Get Togethers and Events

CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2012 - 7-9th September.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
wiltscub   
Thu Sep 06 2012, 09:57pm
Member No: #886
I'll see how work goes and let you know when I'll get there Ron - have to give the car a good clean though it'll no doubt collect a good load of insects on the way over! I'll be there by 18.00 at latest I should think...
wiltscub   
Thu Sep 06 2012, 10:17pm
Correction - given the route around Oxford, I might try and leave a little early...
Trainman   
Fri Sep 07 2012, 04:22am

Member No: #86
theguardian wrote ...
whos buying the first round ?

Well volunteered that man
wiltscub   
Fri Sep 07 2012, 05:31pm
Complete fail - lesson learnt - check detailed traffic reports on the web BEFORE leaving to go anywhere.
Sat in traffic on the wrong side of Oxford and trying to get through for over an hour. Cut my loses. Back home.
Have fun and post lots of pictures.
black_exclusive   
Fri Sep 07 2012, 10:46pm
Member No: #126
The traffic we had was evil too - a journey that should have taken 1.5 hours took 2.3 hours!! Anyway, turnout is nice so far considering its a Friday, with a nice range of cars.

Seen Steve and Ron so far with their C6s.

Roll on tomorrow!
ciao_chao   
Sat Sep 08 2012, 11:15am
Member No: #518
Not feeling so good, still trying to make dinner tonight.
Trainman   
Mon Sep 10 2012, 08:33am

Member No: #86
Morning all, a 'cracking' weekend in more ways than one, The sun decided to come out and play all weekend I look like a tomato anyway here are a few pictures of the weekend - Click Here -

we had a total of 5 C6's over the weekend Myself, The Guardian, S Morphet, Chris Burmajster and ciao_chao at various stages of the weekend.

Ron was given instuction by SWMBO not to bring "Charlie" the gorilla home with him, and so he was auctioned off to raise funds for Great Ormond St (Don't forget to change you avatar) he was also selling off a load of tools for the same great cause, and I think raised somewhere around the £70 area all in all, so well done to him
smorphet   
Mon Sep 10 2012, 05:56pm
Member No: #88
I was only able to make Sunday afternoon. A very pleasant day though, lots of nice cars, and good to put faces to a few more names.

I would have liked to give Charlie a new home. Unfortunately I already have a gorilla. His name is Reg. I feel a new avatar coming on...

black_exclusive   
Mon Sep 10 2012, 07:14pm
Well, what an absolutely fantastic weekend - the only bad thing was that it came to an end...

Glorious weather and a fantastic turnout indeed which was great to see - definitely over 150 cars and I'll have a look at the exact figures sometime.

Luckily the journey back was better that the one on Friday (!) as we flew back in great time with little traffic.

Thanks to all that came along, and also the other organisers because it just wouldn't have been possible without everyone.

569 was the final count of pictures so I'll have to start sorting them out soon...

Great cars and great people - nice to see everyone again. Was also very nice that the C4 was welcomed and received positive comments...

Well done Ron with the auction and raising all the money for a great cause indeed. Nice to meet you and your son.

Those locking wheel nuts must have stopped you and Steve in the end then...
ChrisHunter   
Mon Sep 10 2012, 07:17pm
Member No: #188
interesting to see the pic's ...

the ones of the Maxi reminded me our first car was a new-to-us 1750 - had it's points, but we had all four tyres blister badly & two neat grooves melt out of the centre two pistons (ie: didn't like motorways & the weekly commute between London & Preston), and it was always 50/50 whether we'd get through the lights when they turned green, even when at front of queue (ie: engaging low forward gears while stationary was always a problem) ...

when SWMBO needed a car, we called-by the local Citroën dealer & went for a ride in a GS - just 'round the block, and I was sat in the back, but it was a revelation ...

since then we've had two GS 1220 Breaks, a CX Athena, a CX GTi Turbo2, a Peugeot 205, a Berlingo 2.0 HDi, a C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive, and the C6 ...
theguardian   
Mon Sep 10 2012, 07:28pm
Member No: #645
no mate it should be me thanking you & pat for a great weekend, a fantastic bunch of people i think a good w/end was had by all.
regards & be lucky. ron
by the way you can book me in for the next one in advance
black_exclusive   
Tue Sep 11 2012, 09:04pm
Your on the list Ron...

Managed to sort a few pictures out - here's some of the Saturday.

This little C1 caught my eye when it rolled in - sporting that twin exit exhaust it didn't sound bad at all, especially with it's 1/2 a V6...

The start of the glorious weather, and cars slowly filtering in.

Good to see Mr Emblem's GTi Turbo again that he's had for a very long time - bought from Roger "back in the day" and still wears the CX Centre Plates. Aftermarket Wheels are due to the TRX Tyres cost, although original T Slots are in the garage...

Some more XMs...

A different view-point from the back of the field, note Andy filling up his Xantia!

This ZX Volcane 3 Door was a cracking car to see - didn't manage to chat with the owners I don't think but a lovely lovely car...

Mr Seabrook's Green Tiger BX stands out a bit in the line-up...

The starts of the formation of the convoy drive to Bletchley Park. We had 39 cars start off, and 35 made it... Never saw the other four...

And some more at the back including Chris' V6 and Dean's Activa:

Convoy (I agree with Andy's comments that we should have had the theme song playing...):

A quarter of the line-up at Bletchley Park:

Another quarter:

Matthew's XM V6:

Will's XM 2.1 SD with others behind and the mansion:

Steve's C6 looking particularly nice:

Another part of the line-up:

Jim's Activa, Dom's Safari, Will's XM 2.1 SD and Penny's XM:

Jim's Activa:

Back on-site, and Steve and Ron's C6s:

Matthew taking Chris' V6 for a spin:

Maurice's and Penny's near identical XMs:

French registered CX 20:

Dean's and Jim's Activae:

One corner of the camping area:

A few Gs:

Nice sunset above the C6s:

Couldn't resist a few night shots again this year, this one was at 21:10 Saturday Night:

Sunday pictures will follow once they've been sorted out...
black_exclusive   
Wed Sep 12 2012, 08:43pm
Managed to whittle them down to a much lower number so here's some from Sunday:

En route to Little Horwood from the hotel on the Sunday Morning we had an impromptu convoy with Sandre/Caffiend with her BX TZD Turbo through all most of Milton Keynes finest roundabouts...

Also spotted James in his Prestige coming the opposite way so had to take a quick snap...

The field was filling up nicely, and here's a view from the back of the field...

Jason's V6 looking very smart indeed, and Darren's XM V6 in the background. Both went to go onto win 1st Prizes for Xantia and XM...

My C4 looking deceptively clean. Eagle eyed people will spot the XM Bodykit stashed in it...

Was great to see this CX again as it used to be one of ours - a DTR Turbo 2...

...and this GTi Turbo 2 as well:

This particular CX won Best CX this year - the owner has owned it from new!

Lightly modified XM...

Lovely CX Safari...

This CX 25 Pallas IE was a lovely car:

A trio of Visa GTi's!!

BXs were out in force:

As were the XMs and owners:

This S1 XM was tasty...

Great Xantia Line-up, with most being V6s and some Activa's!

Jason's V6 again:

Dean's Activa:

A sea of Citroens:

A very early CX 2200 Diesel!!

CX Line-up:

XM 2.5TDness:

Some more CXs:

Prize-giving and Raffle:

Ron's Monkey got a new home...

Bon Voyage...

James' Prestige:

A nice pairing...

Want... Jon's DS3R:

Chris's V6:

A Family Re-union: Roger's V6 and Roger's Sister's V6. Funnily enough Jason has bought the Silver V6 from dad - a fitting new home!

James leaving:

Action:

ciao_chao   
Fri Sep 14 2012, 10:02pm
Member No: #518
Hahaha! Ron you need to keep an eye on that monkey of yours!
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club