Hello from Portugal

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
eduardomaio   
Tue Jun 12 2012, 11:49am
Member No: #869
Hi all,
My name is Eduardo and I'm from Portugal. I joined the forum a month and a few weeks ago and have been reading a lot before buying a C6. Before the C6 I drove a 406 Coupé with a 2.0 engine converted to LPG that I loved, but on the rare ocasion I saw a C6 on the road the same thought always popped in my mind: That will be my next car.

I bought it on the 2nd of June (a week ago), it's a 2006 Admiral Blue(?) 2.7 HDi Exclusive with Wadibis interior.

I am quite happy with it, I was looking for more comfort and quiet and it doesn't disappoint. It's quieter then my 406 Coupé and it was heavily dampened with Dynamat and other sound deadening materials.

Here's a picture of them side by side on the day I got the C6

It has two small problems that I need to fix. There's a small chip on the windscreen that's reparable and the drivers door doesn't stay open and doesn't "stop" when it's half opened.
Website
Gobxoy   
Tue Jun 12 2012, 12:02pm
Member No: #786
eduardomaio

Looks like Abyss Blue to me! With Wadibis!

C6 looks better to me, than 406 but I would say that

Have you checked in the technical section, I seem to remember coming across the door stay stuff.
C6Dave   
Tue Jun 12 2012, 12:35pm

Member No: #1
More likely to be Admiral Blue going off the build date Goboxy as Abyss wasn't available then - Click Here -
Website
eduardomaio   
Tue Jun 12 2012, 01:40pm
On the pictures on the site it really looks like Admiral Blue, but now I have checked the Citroën Service website and it shows KPK - PEINTURE BLEU MAURITIUS. So I guess it's Mauritius Blue but looks much darker then the pictures on the technical section.

I have checked the technical section and searched on the forums and I haven't found anything related with the door stay.
Website
James   
Tue Jun 12 2012, 02:59pm
Member No: #817
I think when I ordered my lignage in 2008, I ordered non-metalic blue which I think was Mauritius - it was delivered in Metalic Admiral blue. They are very similar colours.
Gobxoy   
Tue Jun 12 2012, 03:53pm
Apple'ogies(sic) I stand corrected.

This was the one I was thinking of "check strap" - Click Here -

Door striping fron door gives an idea - Click Here -
eduardomaio   
Thu Jun 14 2012, 10:17am
James wrote ...

I think when I ordered my lignage in 2008, I ordered non-metalic blue which I think was Mauritius - it was delivered in Metalic Admiral blue. They are very similar colours.

Mine has some metallic flakes, almost unnoticeable, just seen very close with lots of sun.

I have confirmed on the car door that the colour code is KPKD that translates to Mauritius blue in superlustre pearl paint finish.

I need to take some pictures of it under the sun so we can compare.
Website
eduardomaio   
Sun Jul 22 2012, 06:42pm
Well, today I finally took some pictures of my C6. I have been so happy driving it that I forgot...

Other than washing, waxing and putting diesel (lots of...) on it I haven't done anything special to it yet. I have upgraded my RT3 to 6.63 to allow new maps and that's it.

I need new tires, the previous owner bought some Nexen ones that I don't feel comfortable with and the front Michelins are giving up the ghost. So four Michelin Primacy 3 are in order in September. There's no use to install new tires now with all this heat (38º), and the ones in the back (the Nexens) are brand new.

Here with the spoiler up, eheh. And now to the interior.

Since I have bought it (2th June) I have made 4500km with it (about 2800 miles). I usually do just 1250 miles per month, but it's a new car and a pleasure to drive.

And there it is, my C6. Hope you like it.

Sorry about the watermarks on the pictures, but when I had a website with pictures of my 406 Coupé people used them to sell their cars or to make fraudulent ads online. One guy even submitted a picture of my car to an online car picture contest
Website
Gobxoy   
Sun Jul 22 2012, 09:31pm
Very nice the sun brings up the pearl a treat.

Btw couldn't help but notice that your RPM "5" and the last two bars on the fuel gauge are red! Mine are all white when did they change

eduardomaio   
Mon Jul 23 2012, 09:01am
The 5 on the diesels and the 7 on the petrols are always red. Maybe it's only on the models with the speedo in MPH?

Edit:
Went to Citroën Service to check the handbooks as my handbook also shows the 5 and 7 in red for the diesel and petrol versions. On the english handbooks the speedo shows these numbers as white.
Website
Gobxoy   
Tue Jul 24 2012, 05:55pm
Curious the speedo's are switchable to Kms and when they I had a towbar fitted Tolleys disconected the battery it reverted to the default Kms.

Checked if it changes when set to Kms, no stays the same. You just wouldn't have thought they would bother to change between various markets?

UK RHD got 'Red 5'
cruiserphil   
Tue Jul 24 2012, 06:53pm

Member No: #38
I'm envious of your cloudless blue sky as I look out on a dark sky and torrential rain!

Regards,

Phil C.
eduardomaio   
Tue Jul 24 2012, 08:35pm
That's weird, also the last two fuel bars are white, mine are yellow. I went to mobile.de and and a look at a few C6's and they all had the red numbers and yellow bars. On ebay.fr they have white numbers and white bars...

So maybe UK got the same speedos as France and Portugal got the same ones as Germany

cruiserphil it hasn't been like this, we are having a terrible summer this year, only now the weather seems to be nice.
Website
Dapprman   
Tue Jul 24 2012, 10:09pm
Member No: #710
Last two on mine are red and so is the 5 on my rev counter.
C6Dave   
Wed Jul 25 2012, 06:30am

Member No: #1
On the 2007 2.7 I had the bottom 2 bars on the fuel gauge were orange, on the 2009 3.0 HDi all the bars are white and the low fuel level is an orange fuel pump indicator just to the right side of the bottom bars.

Why it was changed, who knows
Website
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club