New C6 owner: Newbury

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
tpr   
Sat Jul 06 2024, 09:31am
Member No: #5543
Hi all

Having been lurking here and on Autotrader etc for a couple of years on and off, I have finally got myself a C6. Picked it up yesterday in sunny Chesterfield. Hopefully I have some idea what I am letting myself in for, as I have had a C5X7 Exclusive with much higher mileage for some years. Except some C6 parts are unique and rarer and more expensive.

The new car is a C6 2.7HDi Exclusive, Mauritius blue (right? paint code KPKD), cream leather, lounge pack, with a fairly low mileage of 76k.

Despite paying a low-mileage-sorted-car price, I already have a problem: it twitches to the right on accelerating and twitches to the left on lifting off. I was thinking tracking, but the nice man in the local tyre place reckoned it is a lower track arm, and recommended me to go to a mechanic rather than pay him £48 for the tracking machine.

Here is me when I picked it up.

-Tim

C6Dave   
Sat Jul 06 2024, 01:02pm

Member No: #1
Welcome, Tim. Yes, it's Mauritius Blue - Click Here -

Looks a nice example
Website
Citrofix   
Sun Jul 14 2024, 08:18pm
Member No: #1722
Congratulations ????

Could be lower arm rear bushing or the lower frip bearing.

Search for frip bearing in the forum, - Click Here - putting in a grease nipple is a good option to keep new one good ????

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club