C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

Do I have a Telephone or not..?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
blackhatphil   
Sat Jun 02 2012, 10:33am
Member No: #882
Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere - I did look.

I have a 2008 Lignage, with standard (RT3?) sound system, to which I will be adding a Parrot and some sort of iPhone holder/charger.

However, I DO have a button marked 'Tel' on the unit, together with 0-9 buttons, on the right hand side which I presume would be for a telephone (I suppose they COULD be for selecting tracks on a CD, but I don't own a CD so can't try it).

I have searched for a Bluetooth device in the car to no avail. So could anyone tell me if the 'Tel' button etc was there for those who purchased a bluetooth plug-in device?

Cheers!

Phil
C6Dave   
Sat Jun 02 2012, 11:02am

Member No: #1
The button is standard on the head unit. The Lignage has never had an inbuilt telephone unit as standard
Website
blackhatphil   
Sat Jun 02 2012, 05:11pm
C6Dave wrote ...

The button is standard on the head unit. The Lignage has never had an inbuilt telephone unit as standard

Thanks Dave.
Could you help me with something else I've been scratching my head over?

Just how do I determine what unit mine is? RD or RT? 3,4 or 5?

Everywhere I look to find options on how to install an iPod AND an iPhone all seem to depend on the type of unit I have....!

Cheers!
James   
Sat Jun 02 2012, 07:59pm
Member No: #817
OK Trying to remember my Lignage...
You either have an RDx with 6 number buttons

Or factory fitted sat-nav option which is an RTx with a full 4x3 keypad a SIM socket and big silver rotary knob with Red and green phone buttons.

In theory the [Tel] bitton was for a hands free optional kit, but AFAIK no kit ever came to market. I **think** that the hands free / USB / iPOD options are the same for all the RD variants.
blackhatphil   
Sat Jun 02 2012, 10:10pm
James wrote ...

OK Trying to remember my Lignage...
You either have an RDx with 6 number buttons

Or factory fitted sat-nav option which is an RTx with a full 4x3 keypad a SIM socket and big silver rotary knob with Red and green phone buttons.

In theory the [Tel] bitton was for a hands free optional kit, but AFAIK no kit ever came to market. I **think** that the hands free / USB / iPOD options are the same for all the RD variants.

Thanks James -that's a great start as I know I don't have a satnav. Therefore, as you say, it must be an RDx....but which x? That's the question!

James   
Sat Jun 02 2012, 11:56pm
Member No: #817
Don't take this as absolute 100% certain fact,
I had my Lignage from 2008 to 2010 and it had the unit with the numbers as 2 columns of 3 buttons. That's an RD4 - from doing a quick image search the RD3 has 6 buttons in one row, and I'm pretty sure it was never fitted to the C6.
The RD4 is in a lot of PSA models (I had 2 C5s before the first C6 and one between the two C6s and they all had this unit). So any retailer you talk to should recognise it and know what you need.
C6Dave   
Sun Jun 03 2012, 06:08am

Member No: #1
If it hasn't got Navidrive (which was always optional on a Lignage) then it has an RD4 unit fitted
Website
blackhatphil   
Sun Jun 03 2012, 06:41am
James wrote ...

Don't take this as absolute 100% certain fact,
I had my Lignage from 2008 to 2010 and it had the unit with the numbers as 2 columns of 3 buttons. That's an RD4 - from doing a quick image search the RD3 has 6 buttons in one row, and I'm pretty sure it was never fitted to the C6.
The RD4 is in a lot of PSA models (I had 2 C5s before the first C6 and one between the two C6s and they all had this unit). So any retailer you talk to should recognise it and know what you need.

Thank you James!
blackhatphil   
Sun Jun 03 2012, 06:41am
C6Dave wrote ...

If it hasn't got Navidrive (which was always optional on a Lignage) then it has an RD4 unit fitted

Thank you Dave

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club