Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

First day and evening...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
wiltscub   
Sat May 26 2012, 12:43am
Member No: #886
I've finally got my hands on a "big" Citroën and I'm loving it.

The drive home from the dealer (Sportif of Chalfont) was about 70 miles on some twisty, poorly surfaced and narrow B roads via the M40, A404 and M4 to Swindon. I even had the pleasure of waving to a fellow C6 driver on the 404!

Anyway, things to note so far:
The engine and gearbox are super smooth with only the odd down-shift or up-shift detected when you need to brake heavily or accelerate hard.
I need to remember I'm driving a very heavy car (far heavier than the 1-series convertible is) and that means longer braking distances else I'll be looking at new brakes/front tyres very soon! The brakes are fantastic though and glad the pedal does not have the snatch I'd heard of on older Citroëns and experienced the few times I'd driven a BX or XM.
The seats take some adjustment to get right though with electrics and electric steering wheel - I'll get there then memorise it.
The dash is superb and the HUD is very useful.
The NaviDrive takes some getting used to and I think I've just about worked most of it out. Having the JBL upgrade makes a difference and it sounds good.
The refinement is superb.
The drive to work (45 miles each way on motorway) will be a pleasure rather than a noisy bone jarring chore.
She can shift when she wants to - I drove very (too!) fast on some great lesser A roads and B roads in Wiltshire tonight and was surprised at the sure-footedness and responsiveness of the suspension and sport mode is superb when hustling down a B road.

The quirks I adore:
The steering wheel lifting when I open the door.
The self-levelling lights when you brake (or is that the suspension?)
The turning lights - AWESOME
The "dark" function on NaviDrive
The voice control

Some slight concerns
The wallow of the suspension in normal mode takes some getting used.
The pull-away flat spot on the auto-box when approaching a junction/roundabout - had 1 near miss because of that today.
Not looking forward to the cost or time it'll take to update the maps...

Very pleased, a lot easier to drive for a car that big, not as wide as I thought it was and can't wait to take it to Brighton tomorrow on a long cross-country run...
theguardian   
Sat May 26 2012, 02:14pm
Member No: #645
hi one of the guys is bringing an update for the maps to the meet next week so if you bring a dongle or cd with you he said anyone who want an update can copy them off his laptop.
in ref to the flat spot you forget about in a day or so and adjust a lot of the guys keep theres in sport mode ?
regards ron
C6Dave   
Sat May 26 2012, 03:43pm

Member No: #1
On the 2.7 leave it in normal mode and give the suspension time to 'adapt' to your driving style

The 2.2 doesn't have that
Website
black_exclusive   
Sat May 26 2012, 10:14pm
Member No: #126
wiltscub wrote ...
The wallow of the suspension in normal mode takes some getting used.

Also called "Waft-Mode" by dad! Sport Mode makes things much better as normal is a bit too wafty...
ciao_chao   
Sun May 27 2012, 09:06pm
Member No: #518
In my opinion, a Citroen of this type should drive like a boat, and if it doesn't then it doesn't deserve it's chevrons!
mark28   
Mon May 28 2012, 06:44am
Member No: #102
Mine still floats like a boat but it does not bounce down the M40 . It drives like my cx and ds did, before the upgrade something was not right . You would look in the rear view mirror and see the road going up and downe at an alarming rate !
wiltscub   
Mon May 28 2012, 11:01am
Member No: #886
I'm sure I don't suffer from the bounce issue as I've been carefully watching for it and the HUD is a useful marker for this. Obviously the car pitches when a road iregularity genuinely generates this motion but even then it is controlled and only lasts a bounce or 2 at most.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club