C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: Members Get Togethers and Events

UK C6 s

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
auntieflo   
Sat Jul 13 2013, 09:15am
Member No: #982
I am trying to keep the flow in the Antipodean direction. My current C6 Exclusive came from London (if that's where the Car Giant turntable is). My next one is about to leave Glasgow for Christchurch (NZ) and I am contemplating picking up one from Inverness to keep it company.

You don't know how lucky you are in the UK with your insane second hand prices. When C6s were sold here in New Zealand - all 20 or so of them - they were (at today's exchange rate) the equivalent of GBP57,000.

Today I can buy a private (non VAT qualified), low mileage Exclusive in Scotland, truck it to southern England, ship it to NZ, pay GST (that's our VAT) at 15% on the VAT-inclusive purchase cost, freight and insurance, replace its discs, rotors and tyres (almost always required to get a car certified here, even if they aren't very worn), get it certified, register it, pay 10,000kms of diesel road user charges (at c. 2.5p per km), and drive away with a near-new, fantastic, stylish luxury car for less than the price of a new Toyota Corolla. (But your older Citroens (D series for example) are very expensive).
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club