C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

TPMS Reprogramming and Activation

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gmerry   
Sat Apr 21 2012, 05:47pm
Member No: #21
Apparently tyre pressures need to be raised to at least 3.7 bar, see attached.

Regards
G

e3steve   
Wed Oct 16 2013, 02:02pm
Member No: #1163
Question: has anyone had success in updating the TPMS using Lexia 3?

I've recently had fitted three new-secondhand valves and tried the 3.7> bar trick, but to no avail. I can't find anything in my version of Lexia that refers to TPMS. What am I missing?

Any input gratefully received.

TIA gentlemen.....
gmerry   
Wed Oct 16 2013, 02:21pm
Yes, Lexia gives multiple options on reprogramming.

If you are using 2nd hand sensors, onces that have already been activated, you will need to READ the sensor codes (obviously installed on the wheels) and you will need a tool that sends an excitation signal to the sensors as well as Lexia (this is my experience and I have reprogrammed the sensors now by all the different methods) and probably pump up the tyres to 3.7 bar as instructed by the Lexia sequence.

My own poor experience with the dealer was that they took a lot of money from me, delivered nothing and declared the sensor faulty/incompatible when in actual fact it worked perfectly with a little perseverance.

The tool I use (in conjuction with Lexia ) is the ATEC VT15 tool. - Click Here -
Alternatively, you can spend hundreds and get a more sophisticated ATEQ tool that would not need Lexia.

Regards
G

some extra information:-

With brand new sensors with known codes and that have not been INFLATED and ROTATED (ie subject to g forces), it is very simple on Lexia to WRITE the sensor codes into the ECU and delete any old codes at the same time.

Just check out the other forum posts because the Lexia ECU uses decimal codes and the sensors have Hexadecimal codes so you need to translate. However, the last time I added 2 new sensors, one worked via the WRITE function and one refused to cooperate and I had to add it via the READ function using the ATEQ VT15 plus 3.7 bar
e3steve   
Wed Oct 16 2013, 03:23pm
That was quick! Many thanks, G.

I have the sensors' codes.

I've seen the ATEQ (and other) TPMS devices on eBay, although I don't intend changing these sensors regularly enough to justify spending £150 on one. I may try to find a tyre fitting place; I'm sure some professional fitting bays must have one.

Can you point me in the right direction within Lexia, please? I've bee through the UI, from the home screen with the DIAGBOX and LEXIA 3 choice buttons but can find no (usable) reference to Under Inflation Detection; what I do find is 'greyed out'.

Thanks again!
gmerry   
Thu Oct 17 2013, 08:30am
Hi Steve, from memory (Lexia)

Global Diagnosis

then

Driver Aids

then

Under Inflation ECU

then pick your option

READ data, READ Sensors IDs, Write sensor IDs

When you do a Global Diagnostic check, it goes through every ECU on the car to establish comms, check and report errors, etc. For example, when it comes to the ABS ECU, it will check the ABS function and then one always gets a Beep Error ABS message on the screen as it activates the ABS. What happens when it scrolls through the Underinflation ECU?

If it can't establish comms with the Underinflation ECU, changing the sensors would not be possible nor would the sensors necessarily be the cause of any problems.

Regards
G
smihaialex   
Thu Oct 17 2013, 09:45am
Member No: #1031
Hey,

I've had success with the auto-programming of the sensors without inflating at 3.7 bar, and without the special tool. The only condition for this to work is that the sensors be relatively new, so that the embedded battery is strong enough. Then, you just drive around at city speeds for 3-5 minutes and voila - auto-programming done!

Cheerios,
Sam
gmerry   
Thu Oct 17 2013, 10:58am
Hi all, auto programming will not EVER work if the sensors have not been activated.

The sensors are normally supplied from the factory in SLEEP mode (so that the batteries don't drain) and if not activated will remain in that state for ever.

Note it is possible that sensors supplied by Citroen dealers will be already activated whereas all the new sensors I have purchased required activation.

(Note, a lot of myths and errors around on this subject - suggest one just works through the Lexia menus - nothing whatsover to do with the battery, unless of course it is dead)

Regards
G
smihaialex   
Thu Oct 17 2013, 02:48pm
Yes G,

You are right, they must be activated first. So, there are two things here, activation & programming... I was only referring to the latter.

And about the battery - there is some truth to the battery aspect - on my summer wheels fitted with 4 brand new sensors, auto-programming works like a charm, where as on my winter wheels, where I only have 2 brand new sensors and 2 older ones, not so much...

Cheers,
Sam
gmerry   
Thu Oct 17 2013, 03:08pm
Hi Sam, I too have summer and winter TPM sensors and when I swop 5 around (spare is a winter wheel in summer or a summer wheel in winter), the poor ECU gets all confused but does eventually unscramble what is where.

Regards
G
smihaialex   
Thu Oct 17 2013, 10:14pm
Hey G,

Very funny I must admit that while some engineering bits on this car simply amaze me, others just seem sooooo clumsy...

Cheerios,
Sam
e3steve   
Tue May 06 2014, 06:45am
Well, I tried to write the TPMS codes again yesterday. No go. It appears that the BSI is in Customer Mode and will not accept any changes. I can read the valves' batteries' voltages -- all around 3.5V -- and the pressures via the TPMS ECU, but writing the new codes into the BSI is impossible.

One thing I did find though, is that the passenger's door module isn't receiving any indexing feedback from the door mirror. This explains why the left side mirror won't reposition in reverse gear! The indexing info being received by the module is 90+% in both x & y axes; when I send the tests to the mirror via the command page's buttons it drives left instead of up, up instead of down and down instead of left. The only command that's correct is movement to the right!

The right side mirror does as it's told.
Darius452   
Sun Nov 28 2021, 01:49pm
Member No: #4905
gmerry wrote ...

Hi Steve, from memory (Lexia)

Global Diagnosis

then

Driver Aids

then

Under Inflation ECU

then pick your option

READ data, READ Sensors IDs, Write sensor IDs

When you do a Global Diagnostic check, it goes through every ECU on the car to establish comms, check and report errors, etc. For example, when it comes to the ABS ECU, it will check the ABS function and then one always gets a Beep Error ABS message on the screen as it activates the ABS. What happens when it scrolls through the Underinflation ECU?

If it can't establish comms with the Underinflation ECU, changing the sensors would not be possible nor would the sensors necessarily be the cause of any problems.

Regards
G

Darius452   
Thu Dec 02 2021, 10:46am
Member No: #4905
Hello. Guys I just chenking and see not me alone have same problem. I just wanna bit more help using vt15 tool.
When this tool will help? When you read sensors ID's or when checking valve status? Thank you. There is two new sensors from ebay cheap so maybe it's too cheap? And when I read id's there show me all 4 id's this I think is old.
kniuk   
Sun Dec 19 2021, 11:11pm
Member No: #1287
@Darius452 you really do not need any tool (except Lexia) to program new sensors. If you want to buy new after market-universal sensors you make sure they are compatible with original sensor reference 5430.93 and programmed by the seller. Seller should give you sensor IDs so you can program them in Lexia. In such case no 3.7bar or any tool needed. Same for origina, used sensors - just read ID written on the sensor body before putting it into the wheel and program this number by Lexia (sometimes you need to convert ID from hex to decimal)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club