C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

XM Estates

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ciao_chao   
Sun Apr 01 2012, 07:44pm
Member No: #518
No sooner did I say to the Southern C6ers, I've been posed with the issue of acquiring one.

I'm not really sure where to look as these things are getting rather scarce, but I need a decently powerful XM estate...and I've been thinking it's going to either be the 2.5 diesel or a 3.0 petrol.

Anyways I'm just looking for suggestions on where to look for such thing, annoyingly the Club-XM doesn't seem to have a convenient for sale section as we do.

P.S. No I'm not selling the six, just need a workhorse to add to the stable.
ciao_chao   
Sun Apr 01 2012, 07:47pm
Scratch that. Found the sales section...after registration.

Though still up for any info you guys can give me before I jump into XM talk.
citrohanc6   
Sun Apr 01 2012, 09:00pm
Member No: #329
The 2.5 D is known as a fine engine but prone to leaky headgaskets if driven like a diesel: full power at low revs. It is said that one must drive it like a petrol car.
This mostly occurs at/after 1.6K mile, but you will be one the level concerning this.

After 17 years and a total of 410K miles (657K Km.) behind the "para-chocs" of my thrustworthy 2.1 D est. I only had 5 timings belts, a few exhaust pipes, a cover-repair kit for the oil pump and oil filter, a few vertical stabalization bars and spheres, four batteries and a overhaul of the debit divider. So: same engine and same clutch plates. The engine has never left it's bay.

But as the 2.1 D is commonly regarded as a nogo while slow it will not form a possible choise.
My advice would sound: a '97/'98 2.1 TD est. without auto.
Regards,
Winus

Trainman   
Mon Apr 02 2012, 07:21am

Member No: #86
Drop WannabeC6 a PM, Paul runs a couple of XM's, there is one on fleabay - Click Here -

black_exclusive   
Mon Apr 02 2012, 07:54am
Member No: #126
Those 2.1TD Lumps are good and when coupled with the automagic gearbox they are a nice cruiser. I've heard though, that if they've got the manual 'box in them then they're a different animal.

I remember seeing a V6 Estate (PRV 12v) on eBay last year sometime - pretty rare I think though.
verycleverman   
Mon Apr 02 2012, 04:48pm
Member No: #65
I had a 2.0 VSX Turbo Estate a few years back and it was a lovely car, if a little thirsty. I recall I paid £13,000 for it at 11 months old! When I got rid of it, 4 years later, I owed about £2½k on it and it was valued at just over £1k.
We did a lot of touring in it, from the Ring of Kerry to the Dolomites and only got rid because it didn't have aircon. Having just suffered my 2nd heart attack and it being a hot summer, I bought a C5 Exclusive Estate.

Pete.
Ped   
Mon Apr 02 2012, 05:47pm
Member No: #82
Go for it chao!
ciao_chao   
Mon Apr 02 2012, 09:50pm
Trainman wrote ...

Drop WannabeC6 a PM, Paul runs a couple of XM's, there is one on fleabay - Click Here -

Thanks I'll speak to Paul, but it seems that eBay prices are overinflated.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club