C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

test drive

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
theguardian   
Fri Mar 23 2012, 05:48pm
Member No: #645
today i took out a new xj lwb for a test drive as a new company car firstly i must say bags of room im in the back / boot not that big ? / the layout dash /clocks etc very good indeed but the ride comfort wasnt there evrey time you hit a bad piece of rd the car didnt take it very well
and for a 62k car it should be.
so the c6 still has it for ride comfort
jamesh   
Fri Mar 23 2012, 07:20pm
Member No: #196
There is new-shape XJ parked outside a house near where I live and it is on my (very) short list of cars to replace the C6 with. It looks great, but I have a relative who has a Jag, and every time she has travelled in my C6, and my previous C5, she has commented on how comfortable the Citroen is.

I've also travelled in whatever the Lexus equivalent to the C6 is, and that doesn't ride as well either. However, Lexus and their dealers seem to be a lot more customer orientated than we are used to.
michaelb   
Fri Mar 23 2012, 07:39pm
Member No: #14
jamesh wrote ...

I've also travelled in whatever the Lexus equivalent to the C6 is, and that doesn't ride as well either. However, Lexus and their dealers seem to be a lot more customer orientated than we are used to.

I've tested the Lexus 460 as a possible replacement for my Six. I think the ride was every bit as good and certainly quieter. Much reduced road noise. Comparing ±400 bhp with ±200 bhp is a little unfair I know but the take off from a standing start was electric.

Endless gadgets, stunning quality hifi system, amazing turning circle (like a London taxi), full-sized spare, enormous boot, whisper quiet, and bullet-proof build quality are all very appealing.

But it looks butt ugly.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club