C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Car problems again

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
theguardian   
Fri Mar 16 2012, 05:08pm
Member No: #645
guys this is now getting *********** stupid you know i said my car wasn't as smooth now as it was before the the garage had it for 7 weeks ago
so i went to see them today but before i did that i popped into the local tyre depot to get all the wheels changed round from back to front etc when the tyre guy came and fetched me from the waiting area you better come and look at this sir guess what
now I know this isn't nothing to do with the smoothness of the car but there is a brake sensor wire just dangling it's sheared off so I told the guy to put the wheel back on and I rang Citroen garage again and had a few choice words to say
now as far as I know these don't break off too often it looks like the wire has been stretched until its broke in two
this must have been done when they were putting the car back together last week and just carried on without saying anything what a bunch of cowboys and just to let everybody know the car has only done 20 miles since i got it back on Monday nite
michaelb   
Sat Mar 17 2012, 02:48pm
Member No: #14
It's probable this is the brake pad wear sensor. It's a known fault; mine broke in the same place. The car passed its MoT with it broken.

Citroën City replaced it FOC when they changed my pads and discs.
C6Dave   
Sat Mar 17 2012, 05:30pm

Member No: #1
Mine is the same on the nearside and not really a problem as the pads are checked visually when the wheels are changed over from winter to summer and at a service

Brake pad wear indicators are a bit pointless really and just something else to go wrong and annoy people
Website
theguardian   
Sat Mar 17 2012, 08:12pm
Member No: #645
that i know dave its just they nust of broke it off when puttung the car back together and never said nothing thats what annoys more than anything else i know its was ok a week fri when i went in to check how things were going
ciao_chao   
Sun Mar 18 2012, 01:27am
Member No: #518
I've had one of mine go quite recently too, I believe there's a thread dealing with this problem.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club