C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Super Sticky

Diesel Additive for DPF Filter not Required for C6

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
e3steve   
Tue May 05 2015, 10:00am
Member No: #1163
Well, I've been eBay searching over the weekend; no reasonably-priced Infineum F7995 in sight!

There is, however, a fair number of listings of PAT Fluid DXP42/176. Now, by my reckoning and having digested this thread, our cars once were filled with 176 -- which begat F7995 "as it was cheaper" -- but we can't mix DXP42 with F7995 but we can mix 176 with it....

The equation doesn't unravel logically. Or am I missing something...?
321dave   
Tue May 05 2015, 04:00pm
Member No: #614
e3steve wrote ...

Well, I've been eBay searching over the weekend; no reasonably-priced Infineum F7995 in sight!

There is, however, a fair number of listings of PAT Fluid DXP42/176. Now, by my reckoning and having digested this thread, our cars once were filled with 176 -- which begat F7995 "as it was cheaper" -- but we can't mix DXP42 with F7995 but we can mix 176 with it....

The equation doesn't unravel logically. Or am I missing something...?

Hi e3steve,
I've filled up with two full tanks of diesel and I put back infineum as the refill. Well all is grand, car runs with no problems with no DPF blockage warnings coming up. In fact since the refill the warnings have eased back!! . Now all I need to do is reset the tank, That's proving the biggest hurdle so far.
I'd say the Pat fluid would be ok with previous Eoly 176 as a refill, but I'm no expert here!

Kind regards
321dave
Cisco   
Tue Oct 06 2015, 04:08pm
Member No: #1429
To add to the experience data... I refilled my Eolys tank today after having the low FAP fluid level warning on start-up for about a week.

On the basis of the cars' RPO 10808 the fluid should be 176 with the green quickfit connection. So thats what I bought, from Germany, as a 3 litre kit with the relevant connections etc. for £79.

- Click Here -

When I got under the car though the connection was white however I believe, read hope , that the fluid is compatible. The tank took the full 3 litres so it must have been properly low.

Re-setting the level counter in Diagbox was not exactly intuitive. It is buried in the "repair" menu.

ATB

Frank
321dave   
Tue Oct 06 2015, 04:55pm
wrote ...

To add to the experience data... I refilled my Eolys tank today after having the low FAP fluid level warning on start-up for about a week.

On the basis of the cars' RPO 10808 the fluid should be 176 with the green quickfit connection. So thats what I bought, from Germany, as a 3 litre kit with the relevant connections etc. for £79.

- Click Here -

Hi Frank ,
It's a bit of a pain really! I was going everywhere for help and advice to try and sort the answer. I found the white connection and that confused me more than anything. My only issue was a depollution warning message that brought the orange engine light on. But the car drove and accelerated normally. I thought it might be bacause I filled up with the wrong fluid, but it was more to do with short trips in the end. so after a few long motorway trips, all settled down again. Cars has been fine for the last 3500mls now. My next issue is the Glow plug relay appears not to be working, or so lexis says!!

Has anybody changed the glow plug relay yet, God knows where it is!

Cisco   
Tue Oct 06 2015, 05:52pm
Member No: #1429
Dave,

Touch wood, I've had no issues with the glow plugs. The car starts on the button in winter.

Running the C6 is definately a bit of a journey though..and my next destination is called "cambelt change" but I think I'll wait till the sun is shining next year before I visit
321dave   
Tue Oct 06 2015, 06:57pm
Cisco wrote ...

Dave,

Touch wood, I've had no issues with the glow plugs. The car starts on the button in winter.

Running the C6 is definately a bit of a journey though..and my next destination is called "cambelt change" but I think I'll wait till the sun is shining next year before I visit

Would you believe it, I just emailed a colleague today regarding whether a special tension device was needed when changing the cam belt. I was quoted around €720 by Citroen last year, I believe with parts and labour (thats part of the fixed priced servicing). But now that I think of it, it probably sounds to good to be true. Even with the glow plug relay reporting an issue the car starts well. I do have a new Citroen battery (the expensive one) in place since May. The cold morning starts will prove interesting.
eduardomaio   
Tue Oct 06 2015, 07:39pm
Member No: #869
321dave wrote ...

Hi Frank ,
It's a bit of a pain really! I was going everywhere for help and advice to try and sort the answer. I found the white connection and that confused me more than anything. My only issue was a depollution warning message that brought the orange engine light on. But the car drove and accelerated normally. I thought it might be bacause I filled up with the wrong fluid, but it was more to do with short trips in the end. so after a few long motorway trips, all settled down again. Cars has been fine for the last 3500mls now. My next issue is the Glow plug relay appears not to be working, or so lexis says!!

Has anybody changed the glow plug relay yet, God knows where it is!

It's below the ECU, unbolt it and it's a small relay on the left side. Probably the issue is you have some glow plugs that are gone. Check them first.
Website
321dave   
Tue Oct 06 2015, 11:23pm
eduardomaio wrote ...

It's below the ECU, unbolt it and it's a small relay on the left side. Probably the issue is you have some glow plugs that are gone. Check them first.

Thanks for that advice Eduardo, I'll take a look. I think you might be correct regarding the plugs versus relay issue. I'll check what the computer says again, and investigate a little further.
e3steve   
Wed Oct 07 2015, 10:22am
321dave wrote ...

Cisco wrote ...

Dave,

Would you believe it, I just emailed a colleague today regarding whether a special tension device was needed when changing the cam belt. I was quoted around €720 by Citroen last year, I believe with parts and labour (thats part of the fixed priced servicing). But now that I think of it, it probably sounds to good to be true. Even with the glow plug relay reporting an issue the car starts well. I do have a new Citroen battery (the expensive one) in place since May. The cold morning starts will prove interesting.

I'm in the middle of France and, at this very moment, in the throes of doing the cam belt and water pump. It's been a doddle so far, really, but I've also had to drop the a/c compressor and alternator whilst 'in there' in order to replace the coolant inlet tank. Now that's not exactly a breeze...

For the cam belt job I've been following this tutorial - Click Here - on the CCC website.

Incidentally, if you're only going in deep enough to replace the cam belt kit you don't need to lock the crankshaft with the dumpy tool in the Sealey kit; just turn the crankshaft c/w (21mm socket on the end of a half-inch-drive power bar, operated from above, not below) until the two cam sprockets can be locked in place then mark the crankshaft sprocket flange at its 12-o'clock position; it doesn't move under a cylinder's compression once the belt is removed.
321dave   
Wed Oct 07 2015, 10:31am

Hi Steve,
middle of France! Lovely. Lucky you!! Hope your enjoing the time, and the weathers probably not to bad at the moment. Are you going to check the tension of the cam belt electronically, or go with the tension the pulley puts on the belt automatically?

I think there's a few members heading towards changing out the cam belts very soon. I'm definitely one.
e3steve   
Wed Oct 07 2015, 10:38am
I keep having to retire during the showery spells!

I'm just following the Sealey PDF and the CCC tutorial, Dave.

Mine seems to have been replaced at some point in its life, as it's a 'Dayco' kit (which, coincidentally, I bought to do the job!); I'm thinking that the Dayco kit is AM and not OEM. The old belt is OK but looking a tad stressed when inverted. There's nothing at all untoward with the old idlers, tensioner or water pump though.

At least I can now rest easy as I have a documented change. She's now 105k-miles and 9½ years old...
321dave   
Wed Oct 07 2015, 10:58am
e3steve wrote ...

I keep having to retire during the showery spells!

I'm just following the Sealey PDF and the CCC tutorial, Dave.

Mine seems to have been replaced at some point in its life, as it's a 'Dayco' kit (which, coincidentally, I bought to do the job!); I'm thinking that the Dayco kit is AM and not OEM. The old belt is OK but looking a tad stressed when inverted. There's nothing at all untoward with the old idlers, tensioner or water pump though.

At least I can now rest easy as I have a documented change. She's now 105k-miles and 9½ years old...

You need a few cups of tea to work on a C6 engine (optional biscuit) I wish i could do my Cambelt change now, but it will have to wait a few more weeks. I followed the link Steve, very handy. The sealey PDF i'm not familiar with yet, but I will have a look.

So at 105000mls everthing was looking ok! thats great. mine is more 124000mls, so a change of belt soon is on the cards! where did you get the kit? ebay? and i think its around €350 all in for the pulleys and tensioners and waterpump/belt.

are you looking at the rear belt? i think its the fuel pump? its got a pulley as well. does that need changing at the time as well?

e3steve   
Wed Oct 07 2015, 12:14pm
I have the diesel belt kit also, but it's not as critical as the cam belt, as it's not 'timed' and, therefore, won't potentially destroy the engine's internals if it poops. I'll be doing that job later.

I bought this cam belt kit: - Click Here -, this diesel belt kit: - Click Here - (not as pictured -- that mislead me to start with!) and this water pump: - Click Here -

Here's a link to the Sealey PDF on my Mediafire server for you: - Click Here -

If you need to you can borrow my Sealey VSE5000A timing kit; just send it back when you're finished with it.
e3steve   
Wed Oct 07 2015, 12:18pm
I think we've wandered a bit!
321dave   
Wed Oct 07 2015, 09:46pm
e3steve wrote ...

I think we've wandered a bit!

That's brilliant Steve, I'll follow that advice. Many thanks for the kit offer, I did buy the small laser kit
with two parts in it.

How did you get on today? Your probably finished now with the new cambelt reinstalled and its all back together again? How many cups of tea did it take?
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club