Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

C6 v. Audi TT

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
dsharples   
Tue Nov 22 2011, 09:10pm
Member No: #119
I parked next to a TT at work this week, and couldn't help put spot the similarities in bonnet shape/line, and roof line/window belt shape. Unfortunately, my poor smartphone camera and poor positioning doesn't really give impression of similarity of line the two cars have in real life. The side profile of the bonnet and roofline is very similar - just obviously larger on the C6.. Interesting? Thoughts?

Ped   
Tue Nov 22 2011, 09:46pm
Member No: #82
My friend has a TT and we park next to each other every day at work. I can't say I have noticed before but definitely see some resemblance now!
ciao_chao   
Tue Nov 22 2011, 10:15pm
Member No: #518
There are similarities, but subtleties set the two apart. Key to the C6 is the sweeping window line wheras, the TT's window is very flat, and that kills the dynamism. The TT's forms are all slightly muscular, with bulges for every aperture.

The elegance of the C6's design is also evident at the front of the car, where the minimalist theme continues, with the total lack of features except for the twin chevrons. The length of the Citroen's overhang also contributes to it's elegance.

For me they are very different creatures, I'm not saying I dislike the TT, but I just find them different when you look at them in detail. The C6 embodies elegance, and it's styling is considerably more delicate. The TT is still obviously the teutonic sports car, with it's muscle, and it's boldness.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club