C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Idling Vibration through Steering Wheel/Column

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gmerry   
Mon Nov 14 2011, 06:39pm
Member No: #21
With the car stationary or inching forward in traffic, there is a very noticeable vibration (from the engine?) coming through the steering wheel. If you touch the wheel lightly with one finger, it is almost visible.

Anyone have this? Anyone know where to start looking for cause. Pretty sure this has just slowly crept up on me.

Regards
G
cruiserphil   
Tue Nov 15 2011, 08:36pm

Member No: #38
G,

Power steering pump problem perchance??

Regards,

Phil C.
michaelb   
Tue Nov 15 2011, 09:54pm
Member No: #14
You've bought a diesel. What did you expect?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Mike H   
Wed Nov 16 2011, 09:15pm
Member No: #53
Well I have this too and through the seat as well. I assume this is normal. Although it is more noticable that in the 407 we have with the same engine /trans.
gmerry   
Wed Nov 16 2011, 10:20pm
Member No: #21
No its not normal or at least mine never used to do this at all. Something is playing up.

Regards
G
Mike H   
Thu Nov 17 2011, 11:12am
Member No: #53
Good to hear as there may be room for improvement. it certainly detracts from the ambience.
Seems to me this is an unhappy motor situation. or engine mounts /vibration insulation. Nothing to do with the power steering . recently 2 injectors were replaced ( out of spec) at great cost with no change, ? [%*^#@!] Aus fuel ?
321dave   
Sat Aug 05 2017, 02:28pm
Member No: #614
Mike H wrote ...

Good to hear as there may be room for improvement. it certainly detracts from the ambience.
Seems to me this is an unhappy motor situation. or engine mounts /vibration insulation. Nothing to do with the power steering . recently 2 injectors were replaced ( out of spec) at great cost with no change, ? [%*^#@!] Aus fuel ?

Just wondering G, did you find out in the end what caused the rough idling problem you had? I've noticed a similar vibration now recently as well.

HiPOL   
Sat Aug 05 2017, 11:45pm
Member No: #2699
Guys - check vacuum pressure pipes and swirl actuators. They use same vacuum that is used by front/rear engine holders. When these are broken engine gives more vibrations when idling.
PIT   
Wed Oct 04 2017, 01:07pm
Member No: #2671
I have the same problem. A lot of vibrations in the steering wheel when idling.
What exactly is the "swirl actuator" so i can check it.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club