Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Sarkozy and His Aid Before the C6 Summit in Cannes

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Chevrons   
Fri Nov 04 2011, 10:08pm
Member No: #85

Sarkozy’s Aid, “Sir, you need an expensive luxury car to draw up to the G20 Summit in Cannes, what would you like?”

“I love those new Jaguars”, replied Sarkozy.

“No sir it must be French luxury car.”

“Pardon?”

“A French luxury car sir.”

“Pardon?”

“A French luxury car sir, it must be a French luxury car.”

“Pardon?”

“A FRENCH LUXURY CAR SIR - YOU MUST, AT LEAST, APPEAR PATRIOTIC.”

“A French luxury car – do we have one?”

“How about a Peugeot 508?”

“I thought you said 'luxury car'?”

“Sir, a Citroen C6, unique French class, elegance, understated luxury – you know: Traction Avant, DS, SM, CX”

“Yes I know them, what happened?”

“Accountants sir”

“Mmmmm”

“The C6 has a Jaguar engine Sir”

“Oh, OK then, I’ll have a Citroen.”

“The flag on the front, can I have the Union Jack? – it’s so much more unique than three stripes, loads of countries have got three stripes.”

“Oh, for F*ck’s sake.”

Ped   
Fri Nov 04 2011, 10:42pm
Member No: #82
hehe

Apparently lots of folks turned up to G20 in them, anyone got a clip?
Ped   
Fri Nov 04 2011, 10:50pm
Found a tiny bit, 3 mins in..

Ped   
Fri Nov 04 2011, 11:02pm
Lots of cruising around Cannes here

C6Dave   
Sat Nov 05 2011, 07:36am

Member No: #1
So some were in C6's, some in Mercs, some in Mini Buses (I assume the 'vans' were full of security staff)

Was does that say about your status in the G20?
Website
tonyrome   
Sat Nov 05 2011, 12:14pm
Member No: #15
The other cars in the video are not special at all. The C6s look by far the best. In Germany, the politicians always use top-of-the-line Mercedes S-Class', VW Phaetons or Audi A8s. Mind you, if I had some power, I'd make them all drive Renault Twizzys and they'd have to pay out of their own pocket for upgrades .

Seriously, though, I really don't see why we should pay for them to have fancy limos, stay in 5* hotels and dine in top-class restaurants. None of that has anything to do with solving the problems. I reckon the next G20 conference should be in Wigan, in a Little Chef
ciao_chao   
Sat Nov 05 2011, 07:43pm
Member No: #518
My question is how do pillarless doors work with armoured glass and with all the extra weight of the bombproofing how the hell is the 2.7 meant to drag all that around? It's fine with the germans and Jag since you just fit it with a big force induced V8...
michaelb   
Sun Nov 06 2011, 09:56am
Member No: #14
They don't. If you look at the pic of Sarko the car certainly is not pillar-less: there is a two inch frame around every window. I wonder how they armoured the rear screen. Maybe they put secondary glazing on the inside.

How does the engine cope? I'm sure it is a tweaked 3.0 under there.

More to the point I wonder how the leaking struts and failing hub pivots cope. They must be replacing them every six months
ciao_chao   
Mon Nov 07 2011, 12:38pm
michaelb wrote ...

They don't. If you look at the pic of Sarko the car certainly is not pillar-less: there is a two inch frame around every window. I wonder how they armoured the rear screen. Maybe they put secondary glazing on the inside.

How does the engine cope? I'm sure it is a tweaked 3.0 under there.

More to the point I wonder how the leaking struts and failing hub pivots cope. They must be replacing them every six months

By tweaked 3.0 do you suggest it's the petrol version?
michaelb   
Mon Nov 07 2011, 04:25pm
Member No: #14
I've no idea. I know they would need a powerful version for this car, there is no way they could squeeze a bigger engine in so the only choice they would have is to re-map either the diesel or the petrol 3 litre.

Given that the oil-burner has twin turbos it would probably be easier to force more power out of it.
gmerry   
Mon Nov 07 2011, 07:27pm
Member No: #21
Michael, I think the pivot bearing (lower ball joint) would have heaps of capacity for a car double the weight, by the way I had a look at the SKF catalogue.

They would have to avoid rain or puddles to stop the thing seizing due to inadequate sealing/greasing!!
ciao_chao   
Mon Nov 07 2011, 11:07pm
Nitrous?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club