C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

XCarLink - Citroen IPod Interface

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Dave Mc   
Sat Mar 06 2010, 05:34pm
Member No: #64
Has anyone used or have any knowledge of the above unit? - Click Here - It can also add bluetooth to a C6 and at £121 it seems a good deal. It plugs into the CD changer port on the back of the RD3/4.

Any feedback would be very welcome.
C6Dave   
Sat Mar 06 2010, 06:28pm

Member No: #1
It is an alternative to the Citroen USB Box used by some members over at C4owners, but just check it will work with the Navidrive unit in the C6
Website
michaelb   
Sat Mar 06 2010, 07:28pm
Member No: #14
Looks like a better bet than the Citroën USB Box. If you are getting it I would say make sure you spec it with the 3.5 jack as well. You don't know when that might be useful to you; I never thought about it when I ordered the USB Box but luckily it comes with one and find it very useful.
Dave Mc   
Sun Mar 07 2010, 11:24am
Thanks for the advice Michael. The other very cheap option to play music via an ipod / iphone would be a wireless FM Stereo sender that plugs into any 3.5 jack. These can be bought for around £10.
Foxmc   
Sun Mar 07 2010, 03:54pm
Member No: #2
FM transmitters just aren't worth it... They are very cheap indeed but the price reflects on the sound quality. Not only the quality is affected, but these things suffer a lot from interference.
Dave Mc   
Sun Mar 07 2010, 04:31pm
Just ordered one of these. If its any good I'll let you know, if not it will be back on ebay..........
C6Dave   
Sun Mar 07 2010, 06:25pm

Can I ask what it is and does?

Looks like some sort of iPhone cradle that plugs into a cigarette lighter

Only issue is that the C6 lighter sockets are deeply recessed and hard (but not impossible) to get a connection from with a charger plug
Website
tonyrome   
Mon Mar 08 2010, 10:26am
Member No: #15
I suspect it's a cradle with a built-in FM transmitter, Dave. As foxmc says, these are not really very good, due to interference and poor sound quality. Also, looking at the design in the photo, I'm not sure how it's going to work in a C6! The cigarette lighter is facing upwards, next to the gear changer. The device shown is designed for a front-facing cigarette socket.
michaelb   
Mon Mar 08 2010, 12:23pm
Member No: #14
tonyrome wrote ...
The device shown is designed for a front-facing cigarette socket.

I presume that can be moved to suit.

I've not had good experiences with FM transmitters but maybe they've improved over the years. I'm curious to hear your report when you get it.
Dave Mc   
Tue Mar 09 2010, 07:26pm
Arrived today and I'm pleased to report that the sound quality is higher than I expected and as you can see it does not get in the way of the auto shift and looks quite good. So for £13 I can't complain. Haven't tried the hands free feature yet but it states it will use the speakers while muting the music.

Any questions? Just ask.

Dave

C6Dave   
Tue Mar 09 2010, 07:40pm

Not fussed on the choice of music I like a bit of AC DC myself

But it looks OK and if it sounds OK then not a bad alternative
Website
verycleverman   
Wed Mar 10 2010, 01:21am
Member No: #65
Am I missing something here? Does nobody else use the AUX sockets in the glove box? They're far better than a wireless transmitter and are not affected by adjacent radio stations.

Pete.
C6Dave   
Wed Mar 10 2010, 08:13am

verycleverman wrote ...

Am I missing something here? Does nobody else use the AUX sockets in the glove box? They're far better than a wireless transmitter and are not affected by adjacent radio stations.

You only get them on a car fitted with Navidrive and they don't charge the device that's plugged in, oh and some might not know what they are there for.
Website
Franglaisman   
Wed Mar 10 2010, 01:46pm
Member No: #66
Dave Mc wrote ...

Arrived today and I'm pleased to report that the sound quality is higher than I expected and as you can see it does not get in the way of the auto shift and looks quite good. So for £13 I can't complain. Haven't tried the hands free feature yet but it states it will use the speakers while muting the music.

Any questions? Just ask.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Did the 'hands free' bit work then? Is it a viable alternative to 'Bluetooth' and/or the XCar link thing?

Also, I think you've picked up your daughter's iPhone there by mistake, buddy. Leona Lewis??!!!
tonyrome   
Wed Mar 10 2010, 07:03pm
Member No: #15
C6Dave wrote ...
You only get them on a car fitted with Navidrive and they don't charge the device that's plugged in, oh and some might not know what they are there for.

That's not quite correct, Dave. They didn't come with Navidrive, it was originally an optional extra, even on the Exclusive!
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club