XCarLink - Citroen IPod Interface

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Wed Mar 10 2010, 07:28pm

Member No: #1
Sorry Tony have I missed something?

I said that you only get the auxiliary connections in the glove box on a car fitted with Navidrive.

Are you saying that even with Navidrive the auxiliary connections were optional Tony?

I never mentioned 'Exclusive' models
Website
Dave Mc   
Mon Mar 15 2010, 03:35pm
Member No: #64
Wireless FM Transmitter - Short Term Report

I used this quite a lot over the weekend and for the price (£13 including postage) its quite impressive.

It has a button marked SQ, once pressed it scans the FM frequency band and looks for silent channels. It displays theses one by one, all you have to do is tune your radio into the same channel and your ready to go. The sound quality is very good with rich bass and clear treble. I did notice / hear one problem when using it with an iphone, every now and then you could clearly hear the phone 'pipping' as it checked its signal. No a problem when using an ipod.

The hands free mode also works well. It mutes the music and then used the FM transmitter to broadcast the call, the caller had no problems hearing my replys via the iphones mic.

It does not get in the way of the auto shift and it has plenty of movement so you can get its position just right. The cigarette socket has a fairly large silicon washer that holds it firmly in place when plugged in.

I'd give it the thumbs up
Chevrons   
Sun May 02 2010, 05:02pm
Member No: #85
I have bought a USB Box through Ebay.

I have an engineering background and can fit it easily.

Purchased a pair of DIN radio keys to release the head unit to install the USB Box but I can't budge it.

I understand how the spring clips work but I can't get the DIN tool to push on more than 25mm (1") or so.

Looked at the C4 forum and they just skip over the radio removal.

Can anyone help? Got any detail pic's of how the spring clips works? Have I got the right tool? Am I a right tool?
C6Dave   
Sun May 02 2010, 07:11pm

Member No: #1
On the C6 they aren't din clips like the C4 but torx head screws holing the head unit in
Website
gmerry   
Sun May 02 2010, 08:05pm
Member No: #21
As Dave says, the head unit screws are T10 Torx. The key needs to be quite long as the screw heads are well recessed. One either side up by the cup holders.
Regards
Chevrons   
Fri May 07 2010, 01:37pm
Member No: #85
Thank you both, bought a T10 Torx screwdriver for £1.98, delivered, through Ebay and released it.
blidge   
Sun Apr 17 2011, 08:25am
Member No: #322
I've just purchased an Xcarlink and am after any fitting tips / advice. I'm sure some time ago I read a fitting guide but despite searching can't find it now. Remember there was something important to do which otherwise could screw things up? Remove the Nav CD before installing or something to do with disconnecting the battery? Can't remember.

Anyway if anyone has fitted this and can offer some tips I'd be extremely grateful. Intend to route the Xcarlink module to the glove box - is it easy to route the cable? Also have the bluetooth phone module so tips on routing the cable to the mic would be good as well as where to position (I'm guessing on the A pillar would be best). Then want to run from the Xcarlink module to my iphone which will be positioned of the centre console (to the left of the gear stick).

Again any tips or links would be most helpful! Thanks in advance!

Brian
NickB   
Mon May 02 2011, 07:38pm
Member No: #397
Hi Brian - I'm likely to follow you down the Xcarlink route - did you get your kit installed and how is it performing?

Dave - 12months on - are you still happy with your FM bargain!?

cheers, Nick
Dave Mc   
Wed May 04 2011, 01:09pm
Member No: #64
I have to say that when I use it it performs very well. No only that but it allows me to use the iphones satnav when I can't be bothered to put the address in using the C6's painfully slow entry method. So yes i'm still happy.
blidge   
Tue May 10 2011, 07:38pm
Member No: #322
OK. Fitted the Xcarlink this evening. All looked straightforward enough. Removed the white connector which I guess is current CD changer from bottom right harness (as you look at the back) and replaced with the equivalent from the Xcarlink module. But......not working. Plugging the iphone into the Xcarlink module gives an accessory not designed for this device warning and no audio. Can't select CD as a source.

But if I put CD's in the autochanger in the boot they do select and spin but no sound - so there is some sort of connection to the CD changer still but no sign of life from the Xcarlink. Can anyone who has fitted help please?????
NickB   
Thu May 26 2011, 08:20pm
Member No: #397
have bought the same system as Dave £11 off ebay and its excellent. I've been sat in the M1 Jnc15 problems and have used my iPhone as a DAB radio, TomTom Satnav, ipod etc, its charged the iPhone and also charged my Blackberry via the usb port. As a tribute to Dave I even streamed Leona Lewis and Paul Potts from youtube - I'd been sat in the jam for over 2hrs at this stage (5hrs from Milton Keynes to Nottingham today).

Brian, did you figure out the issues with the X-car link?
Klimo3   
Thu Jun 30 2011, 03:10pm
Member No: #524
Can't you just plug your ipod in to the audio inputs in the glove box? I understand video is disabled while driving but not audio, would this work? Would be a problem for Iphone (if calls received etc) but Ipod should be OK. You can easily get ipod to RCA leads.
pclark   
Thu Jun 30 2011, 03:53pm
Member No: #3
I use my ipod connected to the sockets in the glovebox. It works well as long as you remember to select the music before driving off as it's too fiddly and dangerous to do when driving.
drexter   
Wed Aug 09 2017, 07:45pm
Member No: #3230
I think you need to use mira script to enable cd changer feature for the navidrive system.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club