C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

SUSPENSION DIFFERENCES V6s VERSUS 2.2s

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
mog1842   
Fri Sep 23 2011, 11:06am
Member No: #268
According to my C6 brochures....2007/2008 vintage....all models have Hydractive 3+ suspension, but only V6s get electronically controlled springing and damping.

So, my question is, is there a noticeable difference and how does the 2.2s system work without sensors?

For what it's worth, I find the C6 system on my 2.2 the best of all the many Citroen models I've owned, a good compromise between comfort and roadholding. The only small criticism I would have is a very occasional tendency to pitch.
pclark   
Fri Sep 23 2011, 02:26pm
Member No: #3
The 2.2's still have the switchable springing that is part of Hydractive3+ but as you say not the adaptive variable damping. Incidentally you can tell cars that have the adaptive damping by looking under the bonnet. If there is adaptive damping there are electrical cables and connectors on top of the suspension struts. I've driven V6 and 2.2 C6's but not directly after each other. I suspect there isn't that much difference in the ride and handling during normal driving.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club