Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Greetings from Preston (part 3)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
C6Dave   
Fri May 06 2011, 05:53am

Member No: #1
Trainman wrote ...

............Been having a look at getting the wheels powder coated, but I don't like some of the prices. I've also found a broken clip under the bonnet, so need to get that ordered along with new boot chevrons as one of them has lost part of the chrome.

£40 a wheel for powder coating if you can get to Norfolk according to this thread: - Click Here -

I haven't seen a car where the chevrons have lost chrome, they tend to OK on the whole. Sometimes you get minor blistering on the edges. Seems like you have been unlucky (or a car wash you use may be the cause)
Website
tonyrome   
Fri May 06 2011, 10:29pm
Member No: #15
Trainman wrote ...
Been having a look at getting the wheels powder coated, but I don't like some of the prices.

C6Dave wrote ...
£40 a wheel for powder coating if you can get to Norfolk

The last time I checked, it had gone up a bit, Dave, but still great value. I think it's currently £50 per wheel or £60 for special finishes.
Trainman   
Sat May 07 2011, 04:51am

Member No: #86
C6Dave wrote ...
I haven't seen a car where the chevrons have lost chrome, they tend to OK on the whole. Sometimes you get minor blistering on the edges. Seems like you have been unlucky (or a car wash you use may be the cause)

I noticed the Chevron problem some time ago, but then forgot about it,, as you can only see it from a certain angle, trouble is, now I've found it again, it's bugging the hell out of me

C6Dave wrote ...
£40 a wheel for powder coating if you can get to Norfolk

tonyrome wrote ...
Aerocoat, Norfolk - £50 per wheel

A tad to far to make it viable, I'm looking a little closer to home, but thanks all the same.
Trainman   
Sat May 21 2011, 07:05pm

Well, GF55YOO has been sold, wonder if it's someone on here? I think I might email the dealer and ask them to point the buyer here.
Trainman   
Sat Jul 02 2011, 07:10pm

Well, been a while since I updated this, and to be honest a busy time. Sarah's mum passed away last week and the funeral on Monday saw the C6 drafted into action (as an emergency funeral car) when 3 of "Grumps" sisters arrived from Bristol and decided they wanted join the courtage, thankfully it was clean and freshly polished.

The funeral director was extremely impressed, and couldn't stop talking about the car. All in all, I'm pleased to say went off smoothly, with rave review's from the family about the car.

Yesterday was MOT and Service time (80,000 miles) actually I've done nearer 90,000 but hey ho, I get the dreaded phone call last night, to say your car has passed the MOT ( )

BUT, we are advising that you replace the suspension arm bushes, these come attached to the arms for the princely sum of £131.11 per side, oh and Citroen recommend that you replace the hubs at the same time..... Now hang on ...... The hubs were replaced under warrenty last year by yourselves, are you saying that they have to be replaced again? Not sure was the reply, we'll have to speak to technical.....

Anyway, service and MOT came to £550something.

On another note, I've decided to splash out on a lexia, which arrived yesterday, watch this space for the chaos this could cause
Trainman   
Mon Aug 29 2011, 02:59pm

Well, It's been another busy time at work, what with one thing and another, Not much to report on the C6 front, except that the car has reached 92,000 miles.

The RT3 has developed the predictable problem with the satnav disc, in that the disc doesn't always read and can take 5 or 6 attempts to get it working, I'm hoping that I can strip it down and clean the heads and this will solve it.............. I have the nagging feeling that it won't though but hey, whats new?

I've track down the suspension arms for the pricely sum of £70.00 opposed the Citroën's price of £131.00 per side, so that will get done in the next couple of weeks.

I've also treated myself to a Lexia 3 which I need to get set up and have a play with before offering my services to anybody, once I feel confident, I let you know.
C6Dave   
Mon Aug 29 2011, 03:39pm

Trainman wrote ...

............I've also treated myself to a Lexia 3 which I need to get set up and have a play with before offering my services to anybody, once I feel confident, I let you know.

It's not the simplest, or most intuitive piece of software I have seen and 'Lexia' can have bugs compared to 'Proxia'

Some dealers use both versions and the interface cable you have is used by both Software versions.
Website
Trainman   
Sat Sep 10 2011, 08:01pm

Well chaps I'm gutted to say that I've been involved in a bump this evening (Thankfully not my fault) however this could well see the end of my little girl.

Rear Bumper, Rear Valance, Boot floor, I think, I recall the price of a new bumper being around £1500,(Ebay about £600) but there isn't one on there at the moment) so it's not rocket science to work out the rest.........

I've taken some pictures and will up load them tomorrow, more to follow.............
michaelb   
Sat Sep 10 2011, 08:48pm
Member No: #14
Oh sh1t. Boot floor is probably a write off

No one hurt I hope?

Did any airbags deploy?

I'm sorry to hear your news and sorry for the endless paperwork and arguments ahead. Be prepared for all those ambulance chasing phone calls
Trainman   
Sat Sep 10 2011, 09:18pm

I know the boot floor is probably the killer, I had a look earlier and there's a lovely kink. Thankfully no injuries. At the end of the day its only metal, but I have become fond of her.

As for the ambulance chasers I pay enough insurance to cover all thjat, having said that I still get calls from the chasers over an accident 4 years ago when I wasn't even in the car

Oh and no the air bags are fine
smorphet   
Sat Sep 10 2011, 10:00pm
Member No: #88
Oh dear! Sorry to hear about that Steve. Let's hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

Steve.
verycleverman   
Sat Sep 10 2011, 10:53pm
Member No: #65
Such a sad addition to the list of written off C6s. However, I seem to recall Tony Rome is selling his for a reasonable price and not only is it the best colour for a C6, (in my opinion), but it's also a 'famous' one.

Pete.
ciao_chao   
Sun Sep 11 2011, 01:51am
Member No: #518
Oh no! I hope you intend in getting another!
C6Dave   
Sun Sep 11 2011, 06:07am

Bad news Steve indeed. Given the age, mileage and residual value, your probably correct and it will be beyond 'economic' repair using new parts, which is all that an insurance co will authorise.

So could you pay to have it done yourself with used parts, or is it more cost effective to just take the payout and buy another.

Bit of a dilemma for you.
Website
Ringtone   
Sun Sep 11 2011, 06:52am
Member No: #285
Very sorry to hear of your accident, always a pain when youve been involved in a bump.

Are you looking a getting another C6 or having a change ?
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club