C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

China needs the C6!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ciao_chao   
Thu Sep 01 2011, 06:12am
Member No: #518
Well guy's I'm out on a business trip in China, so I'm having to make do w/o the C6. It's sad to see that citroen.com.cn only offers the C5 mkII as the range topping car, I understand that with the import duty, a C6 will be GBP60,000 (no I don't have a pound key for this computer), but I'd still say it's worth it.

Plus the oddest thing is that you can still buy a ZX new here!

I wonder what car the French Ambassador to Beijing has...I bet it's the only C6 in the city.
C6Dave   
Thu Sep 01 2011, 06:31am

Member No: #1
China are supposedly building and having the 'Metropolis' how far that is true though.......

Thread is here: - Click Here -
Website
tonyrome   
Thu Sep 01 2011, 08:06am
Member No: #15
C6Dave wrote ...
China are supposedly building and having the 'Metropolis' how far that is true though.......

The Chinese like big cars - and bling - so it could be true. Plus, they don't have any preconceptions about Citroen...yet .

ciao_chao wrote ...
I understand that with the import duty, a C6 will be £60,000 but I'd still say it's worth it.

Worth £60K?!
ciao_chao   
Thu Sep 01 2011, 02:32pm
But the Metropolis is plain awful! They've just reheated the DS-line corporate face with some elements of the C6 and made it look really well brash and crass.

OK 60k is ridiculous by our standards, but for something that is truly unique...totally worth it to the right person.

P.S. that probably won't be me.
Trainman   
Thu Sep 01 2011, 04:51pm

Member No: #86
ciao_chao wrote ...

But the Metropolis is plain awful! They've just reheated the DS-line corporate face with some elements of the C6 and made it look really well brash and crass.

To be totally honest I quite like the 'Metropolis' I do find it Bold and Crass, but, you what, It still oozes that certain something....... and I know there will be negative comments, I would really love to see one...................
C6Dave   
Thu Sep 01 2011, 06:17pm

Member No: #1
Modern China isn't actually renowned for it's 'taste' so the car may fly out of the showrooms there..................
Website
travlician   
Fri Sep 02 2011, 02:01am
Member No: #350
A C6 would reach a new price of GPB 65.000 on Aruba... 50% import duty alone! Still better than the GPB 80.000 Mercedes though!
On the China side, would love to see the Metropolis being built there, might be a real push to the bigger Citroens!
ciao_chao   
Fri Sep 02 2011, 08:27am
My main bug with the Metropolis is that, with large Citroens, you can always see that progression from the original DS, even with the C6, and what they all had in common was that sweeping and elegant design. The Metropolis fails to draw on Citroen's deep history.

It may sell to the Asian audience, but I think Citroen risk losing whatever ground they made in the European market.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club