C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

2006 Citroen C6 2.7 HDi Exclusive - Deep Red Pearlescent with Black Leather

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
tonyrome   
Sun Aug 28 2011, 06:14pm
Member No: #15

My 2006 Citroen C6 2.7 HDi Exclusive will be up for sale shortly, as I'm due back in the UK in September or October. The full specification is detailed below. It has covered just 55,000 miles and will be sold with an MoT to May 2012 and VED until end of August 2012. Servicing is up-to-date and I have recently bought four new tyres and had a new suspension cylinder plus rear anti-roll bars and brake pads fitted, at a Citroen dealer.

The car has a full service history, the old MoTs and paperwork plus the correctly-stamped service book. In addition, both keys, two CD changer magazines, all the 2010/11 navigation CDs for Europe, the original owners handbook, the Navigation/ICE manual and the original Citroen key card are included.

In May, it had a full 20,000 mile/2 year service (oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, fuel filter bleed, brake fluid change) and I had the air conditioning service completed at the same time, including re-gassing the system and the addition of an anti-bacterial agent. All four tyres were also replaced, with Falken ZE912 XLs. The 18” alloys are all in excellent condition, with no kerb damage.

Apart from regular servicing, including oil and filter changes in between full services, I have had the following repairs completed by official Citroen dealers, costing several thousand Euros, invoices for which are included.

• New front brake discs (& pads)
• New front suspension arms, axle legs and anti-roll bars
• New ABS sensors
• New LDS fluid tank
• New LDS hoses
• New front suspension cylinder
• New rear anti-roll bars
• New rear brake pads

All the factory recalls have been completed, including the 2009 Breather Pipe recall, the suspension software update has been performed and the car is HPI clear.

Note that, since this car was registered a few days before the high-emission VED cut-off date, it drops into Band K and costs £260 for 12 months VED, rather than Band L, at £445, for most other C6 V6s. It has only had 1 previous owner, plus Citroen UK, who used it for publicity purposes.

I'm looking for just £8,250 for a quick sale. You will need to be quick, though, as, due to the usual lack of time, I may otherwise trade it in and then it will likely re-appear for sale at a dealer, showing a healthy premium! I'll probably be in London for a few days, then in East Anglia but may be able to arrange a meeting elsewhere, for viewing. If you are looking for a fully-specified C6, don't miss this.

2006 (06) Citroen C6 2.7 HDi V6 Exclusive
207 PS Diesel with full Exclusive specification
ex-Citroen UK + 1 previous owner
55,000 miles
Fully Stamped Service History
Deep Red Pearlescent Exterior Paint
Full black leather interior
6 Speed Automatic gearbox with Tiptronic function and sports/snow modes
Hydractive III+ Suspension
Full Colour RT3 Satellite Navigation with 2010/11 Europe CDs
Dual Zone Climate Control
Electric, heated front & rear seats
Lounge Pack (TGV-style electric, heated rear seats)
JBL Stereo with 6-CD changer
Mokunto Wood trim
Front & rear parking sensors with visual display
Tyre pressure sensors with on-screen display
Electric, auto-foldback & heated mirrors
Directional Bi- Xenon Headlamps
Cruise Control & Speed Limiter
GSM telephone SIM card slot
Switchable suspension (Normal/Sports)
18" alloy wheels
Active rear spoiler

David Hallworth   
Tue Sep 13 2011, 03:16pm

Member No: #90
Tony, when in 2006 was your car registered?

Thanks

David.
Trainman   
Wed Sep 14 2011, 05:09pm

Member No: #86
Note that, since this car was registered a few days before the high-emission VED cut-off date, it drops into Band K and costs £260 for 12 months VED, rather than Band L, at £445, for most other C6 V6s. It has only had 1 previous owner, plus Citroen UK, who used it for publicity purposes.

Go on David, If you don't and they write mine off, I will certainly be interested depending on the timeframe
tonyrome   
Wed Sep 14 2011, 10:16pm
David Hallworth wrote ...
when in 2006 was your car registered?

17 March 2006. The cut-off date is the 23 March 2006.
michaelb   
Thu Sep 15 2011, 08:14am
Member No: #14
tonyrome wrote ...

17 March 2006.

Paddy's Day
Trainman   
Thu Sep 15 2011, 09:37am

Member No: #86
michaelb wrote ...

tonyrome wrote ...

17 March 2006.

Paddy's Day

Shouldn't that have been

tonyrome   
Fri Oct 28 2011, 11:41am
Sold, to Shaun, in Herts.
gmerry   
Fri Oct 28 2011, 11:50am
Member No: #21
Tony, will miss your posts. They always had some style (and commonsense).

Regards
G
michaelb   
Fri Oct 28 2011, 03:25pm
What are you driving now? Please let's have a write up when you've put a few thousand miles on it.

Cheers

M
tonyrome   
Thu Nov 03 2011, 09:01pm
gmerry wrote ...
Tony, will miss your posts. They always had some style (and commonsense).

That's nice of you to say, G.

michaelb wrote ...
What are you driving now?

I'm now driving this .

michaelb   
Thu Nov 03 2011, 09:29pm
tonyrome wrote ...

I'm now driving this .

I have the advantage of knowing you were looking at an MPS but that roofline looks a bit low for a hatchback, the wheels out in each corner would be right, and the number plate pushing at the car cover would be in the right place too for an MPS, so I dunno.

Give up. Go'an, tell us.
Hattershaun   
Tue Dec 20 2011, 01:40pm
Member No: #320
Ah, it looks like it could a be a Laguna Coupe!?
Which engine did you choose?
I admire the styling, although the motoring press aren't very complimentary about the ride comfort though.
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts, especially as I have driven a soon to be launched Citroen DS5 &
the press have been unimpressed about ride comfort too.

My C6 is going well, I've driven nearly 2000 miles since Oct; it's car of choice to drive when I'm not in the company cart.

tonyrome   
Fri Dec 23 2011, 01:38pm
Hattershaun wrote ...
Ah, it looks like it could a be a Laguna Coupe!?

Give that man a medal

Hattershaun wrote ...
Which engine did you choose?

3.0dCi V6 GT.

Hattershaun wrote ...
I admire the styling, although the motoring press aren't very complimentary about the ride comfort though. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts, especially as I have driven a soon to be launched Citroen DS5 &
the press have been unimpressed about ride comfort too.

I've clocked up around 3500 miles so far and I'm very pleased with it. The styling is fine, in my opinion, and the handling is excellent, thanks to the four-control chassis. It's very stable when overtaking, yet agile at slow speeds, with the turning circle of a Clio. It's also very quick, as it has 235PS and 450Nm torque, in a relatively small car, which weighs around 300kg less than a C6. Autobahn overtaking performance, from 70mph to 150mph is really impressive.

Fuel economy is much better than the old 2.7 diesel and emissions lower. Equipment levels are also high on this model and it has all the options which were available at the time, too. I never found the C6 seats comfortable but these are far more supportive. The general build quality also seems impressive. It feels very solid and the interior materials are good, although Renault could have made it more special. This car has not had any warranty recalls in the first 2½ years, whereas my C6 had something like 11 over the same period, so things are looking good at the moment!

The only downside is the ride quality over poor surfaces, as you mentioned. It's fine on good quality roads - and there's very little road noise under those conditions - but it tends to crash over poor surfaces. Renault certainly over-damped it, which is a shame, as it would be a near-perfect GT car if they had damped it better or provided adjustable damping. It's better with the Continental WinterContact tyres (225/45 R18) I'm using at the moment, than with the summer tyres, though.

I suspect the DS5 will also suffer a similar problem, as a lot of manufacturers are over-damping, just like the Germans always do. I'm also not impressed with the DS5 engine options, to be honest.

Hattershaun wrote ...
My C6 is going well, I've driven nearly 2000 miles since Oct; it's car of choice to drive when I'm not in the company cart.

I'm glad to hear you're still enjoying it and there have been no problems. I think you picked up a bit of a bargain there .

Merry Xmas everyone!
ciao_chao   
Fri Dec 23 2011, 10:39pm
Member No: #518
Don't you also think the DS5 looks really ugly. If Citroen don't get their act together, It's definitely gonna be a Jag after the C6.
tonyrome   
Sat Dec 24 2011, 12:59pm
ciao_chao wrote ...
Don't you also think the DS5 looks really ugly.

Actually, I don't think the design of the DS5 is too bad but I'd still take a Jaguar XF (or XJ) over anything from the Citroen range.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club