C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Stopped in a car park

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Rich   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 08:50am
Member No: #542
Another unique experience that has never happened to me before, I was stopped in a car park by a guy who wanted to look at my C6. He owned an old style C5 and said he really wanted a C6 but had NEVER seen on in the UK! I know they are rare but its pretty odd not to see one at all! I let him sit in it and I gave him honest feedback about the car and told him about this site. I think he was sold!

Just another reminder to me as to how unique this car is when things like that happen. I'm only 6 weeks into ownership now I am still in love with her!
michaelb   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 11:00am
Member No: #14
I'm disappointed. Two years into ownership and this has never happened to me

Londoners are that bit more blasé.
Ocellia   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 12:19pm
Member No: #583
I rarely see one either! I've seen 3 in Bristol over last 8 months. (One a nice turquoise colour) ...all in same street!
Saw one in Rome in May. First ones were in Paris in 07, two black, chauffeured, parked by a restaurant!
On a recent bus trip from Bristol to London and back I scoured the M4 for one but saw.....NONE!
Always on the look-out. Will have to visit Citroen outlet -if THEY have any, as they come to special order I believe!
Cream with cream leather please.......
drummond   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 01:14pm
Member No: #238
I'm near Slough, and I don't see many.....but there are three in Aldeburgh.
Rich   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 07:28pm
Member No: #542
I usually see about 1 a year on my travels, then I saw two in my first week of ownership! Still never followed one though, always in the opposite direction.
ciao_chao   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 11:25pm
Member No: #518
I got approached by a man at the Denham car boot, while trying to load a table into the back. He was in a similar situation, though I had my hands rather full at the time so no time really to chat.
mark28   
Sat Aug 27 2011, 07:21am
Member No: #102
This has happened to me twice. Once at the gym and once in the Waitrose car park in Rickmansworth
Trainman   
Sat Aug 27 2011, 08:50am

Member No: #86
I must admit, it's happened a few times to me, I remember waiting at some lights in Warrington, when a gang of lads were crossing the road, and stopped to have a look, before carrying on.

The number of times you come back to the car and someone is looking at it, is quite amusing as well
ciao_chao   
Sat Aug 27 2011, 11:22am
Member No: #518
Trainman wrote ...

I must admit, it's happened a few times to me, I remember waiting at some lights in Warrington, when a gang of lads were crossing the road, and stopped to have a look, before carrying on.

The number of times you come back to the car and someone is looking at it, is quite amusing as well

I've never been caught as of yet, but I'll always take a nosey at any of the big French cars, their choice interests me.
black_exclusive   
Sat Aug 27 2011, 11:27am
Member No: #126
It once happened to us when we went to a Classic Car Show and we ended up looking around the autojumble and bought, amongst other things, a full rear bumper for a Triumph Stag!

There was four of us in the car but we did all fit. Thankfully we haven't got loungepack because the left hand side seat was folded down and I had to sit in the middle as I was the smallest!

There was a chap next to us in a Volvo saying that he was looking to buy one as a replacement to his C5 that he had but he needed a hatchback . He said at the beginning that the seats won't fold down so "you'll never get that in". I had great pleasure in letting him know that our C6 didn't have Lounge Pack and it did fit in!
Wojtek   
Sat Aug 27 2011, 01:05pm
Member No: #588
In over 3 years (then I first time in my life saw C6 live) I’ve seen in Poland maybe 4 that’s all. It’s really rare in my country. I’ve never had a situation like the_unrepentant but almost every time I go buy something for the car parts, oil or when I tell someone that I own a C6 there’s a big interest and I get a lot a questions about it.

Always the first is: How is the ride, is it really so good? and second always is: Does it brake down often? My god how I hate it. 75% of people in Poland think that you should never buy a French car because it will break down just around the corner and if it has Hydropneumatic suspension it should be burned at the stake because it is witchcraft.
The only right choice is.... none other than a German.
For me it’s bullsh**.

As for now I’ve owned Citroen AX and my dad’s currently drives Renault Laguna II, my Citroen Xm (now on retirement in garage waiting for renovation) never failed me when it was used daily. Reliability is on the same level and a + for French because the parts are cheaper. For me this thinking of people has got some plusses... you can stand from the crowd of Audis, BMW, Skoda, and of course VW
tonyrome   
Sat Aug 27 2011, 01:35pm
Member No: #15
I've seen quite a few in and around Berlin. The most recent was a white 2.2, sporting C5 19" alloys.

drummond   
Sat Aug 27 2011, 02:01pm
Member No: #238

Ah! white. I don't know of a white one in the UK.

My father's CX was white, with tints, in 1975. I think that it looks good on a car (well, most cars, anyway). See the swage line from front to rear?
Ocellia   
Sat Aug 27 2011, 05:57pm
Member No: #583
In another string, I asked about a Cream one; maybe white will do!

as to causing a stir.
I guess I'm VERY used to it. Because, for 7 years, I drove a Nissan S-Cargo in Bristol! Not a DAY went by....etc. People would always smile when seeing it! And it was fun to drive too.
mark28   
Sat Aug 27 2011, 06:29pm
Member No: #102
I also have an Avantime which causes a similar co-motion
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club