C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Youngest C6 owner?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Ped   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 09:55am
Member No: #82
I'm 27, and have wanted a C6 for some years ever since sitting in a friends CX Prestige.

Most of my friends either don't care about cars or have hot hatches which I find fun for 10 minutes but love a big smooth engine and 'barges'. My brother has a 106Rallye which is excellent fun, but boy you should try it on the motorway. By comparison I did 400 miles non stop in the 6 on Weds afternoon and it was seriously effortless. Wasn't even tired.

So - am I the youngest??

Cheers
ped
michaelb   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 10:20am
Member No: #14
You are certainly youger than me.

You are quite right to own an "old man's car" at that age. When I was your age I wanted a jaguar for the same reasons. I wish I had done it because now I'm too old for a jag - I hate cliches.

PS - I also see you are on the Leica forum. Perhaps another "old man's" brand, though I've been a user since my teens.
Rich   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 11:34am
Member No: #542
I'm 38, (39 in a couple of weeks time) so I don't class myself as old, but i wish i was 27 again! I think i was in a Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo at 27 which was great fun.

Interestingly enough, i used to work at Leica! I was one of their camera technicians. Funny where life takes you as photography has nothing to do with my job now!
David Hallworth   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 12:43pm

Member No: #90
I was 23 when I had my C6.

Owned my first XM V6 at 18 and got the bug from there.

When I couldn't get an XM that I wanted, the C6 seemed the logical choice.

Sold it when I was 24, am still 24 and now want another C6.

David.
Trainman   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 02:23pm

Member No: #86
I'm not getting involved in this conversation, surffice to say I'm a tad older
verycleverman   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 02:45pm
Member No: #65
Mmm, 27 eh? My 27th birthday was my first day as a civilian after 10½ years in the RAF. I was driving what must have been the only 1100cc Mk II Cortina in the world, (the garage that fitted the second hand engine told me it was a 1300!). I'd got the Cortina in a straight swap for my '67 Mustang that I could not afford to insure or, at 8mpg, run. It would be another 11 years before I got my first Citroën, a BX 19GTi.
A wasted youth!

Pete.
C6Dave   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 03:00pm

Member No: #1
Trainman wrote ...

I'm not getting involved in this conversation, surffice to say I'm a tad older

But your still younger than me
Website
michaelb   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 03:21pm
Member No: #14
the_unrepentant wrote ...

Interestingly enough, i used to work at Leica! I was one of their camera technicians. Funny where life takes you as photography has nothing to do with my job now!

Shame I didn't know that sooner - I've just had my IIIf and M2 serviced
Ped   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 04:50pm
Very interesting!!! I just sold my M4P and now I'm 100% an Epson R-D1 shooter.

Why don't we share Flickr accounts! - Click Here -

Cheers
ped
black_exclusive   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 07:31pm
Member No: #126
Ped wrote ...

Nice pics! I'm on Flickr myself, too - Click Here -

Not a C6 owner myself, so can't join in!
ciao_chao   
Sat Aug 20 2011, 06:46pm
Member No: #518
black_exclusive wrote ...

Ped wrote ...

Nice pics! I'm on Flickr myself, too - Click Here -

Not a C6 owner myself, so can't join in!

Also on flickr - Click Here - , though oddly not a big car photographer.

Also a Leica owner, have a rather distressed II, don't really use it much now.

Back on topic
David Hallworth wrote ...

I was 23 when I had my C6.

Owned my first XM V6 at 18 and got the bug from there.

When I couldn't get an XM that I wanted, the C6 seemed the logical choice.

Sold it when I was 24, am still 24 and now want another C6.

David.

Good man! Was technically 22 when I got mine, but I always round up when I'm less than a month to my birthday. With hindsight I do wish I had looked at a big Citroen when I was 18, but reckon I wouldn't be talking to you guys here if I had bought an XM.
ciao_chao   
Sat Aug 20 2011, 06:52pm
Member No: #518
Ped wrote ...

I'm 27, and have wanted a C6 for some years ever since sitting in a friends CX Prestige.

Most of my friends either don't care about cars or have hot hatches which I find fun for 10 minutes but love a big smooth engine and 'barges'. My brother has a 106Rallye which is excellent fun, but boy you should try it on the motorway. By comparison I did 400 miles non stop in the 6 on Weds afternoon and it was seriously effortless. Wasn't even tired.

So - am I the youngest??

Cheers
ped

Got loaned a DS3 while my 2.7 was having it's turbo linkage sorted out. Conclusion is the same, great fun like a go-kart but also tired of it v. soon. Getting back into the 6 was like sinking into one's favourite sofa.

Odd thing is that large cars tend to encourage slow driving, or perhaps the hot hatch tends to egg you on, like a mate on a night out.

Maybe we should make it compulsary to have 18 year olds drive big Citroens, just like David.
Ped   
Sat Aug 20 2011, 09:45pm
Blimey, so the C6's appeal spans a wide range of ages! I still think all of us in Buckinghamshire/Berkshire should all drive in convoy somewhere just to mes with peoples heads
Trainman   
Sun Aug 21 2011, 09:35am

Member No: #86
Ped wrote ...

Blimey, so the C6's appeal spans a wide range of ages! I still think all of us in Buckinghamshire/Berkshire should all drive in convoy somewhere just to mes with peoples heads

I don't just think there, what about a meet up somewhere with people from all over? could you imagine the look on peoples faces
drummond   
Sun Aug 21 2011, 10:06am
Member No: #238
I agree with ped, but I'm, er, twice the age...however, I used to drive my father's CX when I was 18, does that count?
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club