Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

My new motor

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
number6   
Sat Jul 09 2011, 11:46pm
Member No: #526
Hi all.
You may have seen a previous post of mine relating to a famous C6 from "fifth gear".

Well I was up and out of bed, shaved showered and on the motorway by 6.30am this morning for the long haul from Leeds to Maidenhead. My girlfriends step dad offered to drive me down which was good. A few short hours later and I was back on the M1 north bound in my C6.

The car is beautiful. I love it. There is something I did pick up on though on the way back. When I operate the climate crontrol on the drivers side, the display indicates a temp change from LO to HIGH but the temp actually doesnt alter at all. The passenger side goes up and down as it should. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.
C6Dave   
Sun Jul 10 2011, 05:54am

Member No: #1
First try setting both sides at 21c and running the car for 15 minutes to see if it will re set.
Website
number6   
Sun Jul 10 2011, 06:26am
Ah right. Ok C6Dave. Will try it. Cheers.
Ped   
Sun Jul 10 2011, 10:12am
Member No: #82
I live in Maidenhead - where was the car from? I didn't see it around.
black_exclusive   
Sun Jul 10 2011, 11:28am
Member No: #126
Congrats!

How about popping down to the CCC National Rally in it next weekend? - Click Here -
number6   
Sun Jul 10 2011, 09:38pm
Ped wrote ...

I live in Maidenhead - where was the car from? I didn't see it around.

Hi Ped,
The car was a Citroen UK vehicle but i dont know where it ended up after that. I bought it fron a garage called SGT in Taplow.
The garage is actually a Subaru, Morgan and Lotus dealer.

Hi black_exclusive,
I would love to come to the CCC rally but im in New York next week on a freeby from work. I think that what i'll probably do is make a portfolio of the car with stills from fifth gear and when I get to the next rally, the car will be there to tell a story. Possibly put a dvd of the clip they shot too.

But i'll tell you sumat. What a gorgeous car. How the hell did these things not sell??????
Ped   
Sun Jul 10 2011, 09:49pm
Ah I know SGT - good garage, I went there with a friend who wanted to try an Alfa Brera 3.2.

Glad you are loving the car

ped
number6   
Sun Jul 10 2011, 10:24pm
Cheers Ped.

Couple of niggles but to be honest when you get a 40k car for less than 10k you expect little bits and bobs. Its nothing major. Im well over the moon with it.
C6Dave   
Mon Jul 11 2011, 06:17am

Member No: #1
number6 wrote ...

But i'll tell you sumat. What a gorgeous car. How the hell did these things not sell??????

Badge snobbery was a large part of it, but just look what they are missing out on
Website
number6   
Mon Jul 11 2011, 07:19am
Your right C6Dave badge snobbery is what its about. I remember when Skoda launged the Octavia. Before doing so, one of the motoring magazines (cant remember which one) removed the badges from the vehicle and had four business men drive one for a week or so. Three out of the four agreed they would have one as their company car. When they were told it was a Skoda. all three changed their minds.
mark28   
Mon Jul 11 2011, 09:54am
Member No: #102
You know it is not just the Badge . Its the marketing. When did you ever see an advert for the c6 in the UK ? BMW Audi Mercedes VW spend millions advertising in the UK and this covers the entire range not just the smaller cheaper cars. Citroen has built its brand in the UK over the last 10 yrs on offering cheap cars. It is little wonder that people past the C6 by . My neighbour refused to believe that Citroen has ever built a luxury car. Citroen itself did a hatchet job on this past in the 70/80's . I have leant her my DS book and also introduced her to the SM and CX prestige .
black_exclusive   
Mon Jul 11 2011, 09:58am
Member No: #126
mark28 wrote ...
CX prestige .

I know but I'm going to be cheeky and put this in here;

mark28   
Mon Jul 11 2011, 04:28pm
Member No: #102
Great . i had a series 2 prestige I will have a series 1 prestige one day they are so pure and the dash is beautiful
number6   
Mon Jul 11 2011, 10:27pm
Talking of lack of marketing and people not beliving that Citroen make luxury cars. I took my new C6 into work today and one of my work colleques said WOW its gorgeous. Shame its a Citroen cos its really nice. I asked why is it a shame. He didnt have an answer for me. He drives a 2004 5 series Beema which when compared to the C6 has nothing in it and looks ugly. Talk about a badge.
Ped   
Tue Jul 12 2011, 06:50am
People frequently ask me why I drive a C6. It instantly alerts me to weather I want to talk about cars or not with that person. Some people just say how unusual and unique it is. Once in Marlow a chap pulled up on a scooter (Italian, I think) to compliment me on the car.

When people ask me what I drive I love saying 'a Citroen'. I don't bother saying any more, and friends who I'm with who know how much I love it give me a glance as if to say 'OK I see why you didn't bother'. My friend has a Vauxhall VX220 and he says 'A vauxhall' to much the same effect.

Also annoying is when you DO say a C6, and they go 'oh, I know, yeah' and you're thinking 'NO YOU DON'T!!'

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club