Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

famous C6?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
number6   
Wed Jul 06 2011, 09:48am
Member No: #526
Morning all,

I posted on here a couple of weeks ago asking whether to hold out for an Exclusive or bite the bullet and settle for a Lignage that i'd seen locally.

I had mixed feedback from you all and took all opinions on board and went to see the Lignage to confirm or rule out any thoughts I had but with the Lignage being sold when i got to see it anyway, i decided that things must happen for a reason and continued my search for an Exclusive.

Well now ive just put a deposit on an '06' plate in maurtious blue, ivory leather with all the trimmings. But this isn't just any C6 Exclusive. I have bought the one that appeared on 'Fifth gear'.

Yes its the one that was raced through the mock up french village by Tiff and shot at. i'm pretty sure they did'nt really shoot it. (he says with uncirtainty) Not sure if thats a good thing or bad but either way i've put my deposit on so will keep you all posted when i pick up the car.

Wish me luck.
Chevrons   
Wed Jul 06 2011, 11:13am
Member No: #85
Reg: RO06 HRF?
number6   
Wed Jul 06 2011, 11:28am
thats the one chevrons.

Dont tell me its a wreck ha ha
verycleverman   
Wed Jul 06 2011, 04:05pm
Member No: #65
Welcome to the ranks of the 'famous C6' owners. Mine appeared in two series of 'Silent Witness' as the car driven by the character 'Dr Leo Dalton'. Worryingly, it was shown in various episodes as having a cat fired through the windscreen and having the bonnet sprayed with gang related graffiti.

Incidentally, in the latter example he catches the reflection of a young boy in the window of the car as he inserts the key to unlock the door; an action unfamiliar to all but the most adventurous C6 owner. Besides which, the mirrors are clearly deployed indicating that door was already unlocked! I really must get a life.

Pete.
black_exclusive   
Wed Jul 06 2011, 05:11pm
Member No: #126
Glad you've bought one!

Another famous one is RO06 HPP which is very similar to your car!
Some pictures of it can be found here - Click Here - and here - Click Here -

Your car:

number6   
Wed Jul 06 2011, 07:51pm
Ive wanted a C6 since it was launched so to drop on to a famous one (of course i use the term famous, losely) but how many people can say their car has been driven by Tiff Needell, shot at by snipers and have a professional video clip of it from tele. i cant wait to pick it up and make the three and half hour journey back to Leeds.
Ped   
Wed Jul 06 2011, 08:39pm
Member No: #82
Great score. Quite a cool story to tell people when you have finished boring people with the qualities of the smooth engine and sweet suspension, if there's anyone still around at that point (happens to me all the time)
number6   
Wed Jul 06 2011, 08:52pm
Ha ha nice one Ped.

Ive already bored everybody telling them its been on tv.

And when ive run out of things to say I just back to the fact that its been on tv.

Have i mentioned that its been on tv????
BruceB   
Thu Jul 07 2011, 07:59am
Member No: #234
Taking the idea of fame and the C6 off at a tangent, George Soros (who could, after all, afford any car in the world) has a C6 as his London limo.
C6Dave   
Thu Jul 07 2011, 11:25am

Member No: #1
So does (or did have) Alexi Sayle but maybe he's 'got a new motor'
Website
Rileycat   
Thu Jul 07 2011, 12:29pm
Member No: #69
Maybe George Soros sees investment potential in his C6? Surprised no one seems to have drawn attention to the article on possible future classics in last Saturday's Daily Telegraph motoring supplement (or did I miss a posting?).

It read 'Another possible future classic is the sublime, hugely underrated Citroen C6. They cost about £30,000 when new five years ago, but can be found for nearer £6,000 today (in theory at least) thereby making them obvious and ideal potential classics. So far so good but these elegant saloons sold in tiny numbers and are available in even smaller numbers on the used market. A C6 is one hell of a used buy then, but in reality you'll struggle to find a used example for sale.'

The article went on to suggest an early 2000s Audi TT as another good buy. The article was illustrated with a stock photo of these two choices under a Facel Vega, with the caption 'Current and future assets: the Citroen C6 and the Audi TT are in line for the sort of kudos granted to the '58 Facel Vega.

Regards
Rileycat
ciao_chao   
Thu Jul 07 2011, 04:55pm
Member No: #518
verycleverman wrote ...

Welcome to the ranks of the 'famous C6' owners. Mine appeared in two series of 'Silent Witness' as the car driven by the character 'Dr Leo Dalton'. Worryingly, it was shown in various episodes as having a cat fired through the windscreen and having the bonnet sprayed with gang related graffiti.

Incidentally, in the latter example he catches the reflection of a young boy in the window of the car as he inserts the key to unlock the door; an action unfamiliar to all but the most adventurous C6 owner. Besides which, the mirrors are clearly deployed indicating that door was already unlocked! I really must get a life.

Pete.

I always admired that in Silent Witness. One of the many reasons I liked that show. You're a lucky man to have that one, I imagine mechanically it's less abused than some of the press fleet.
Ped   
Thu Jul 07 2011, 06:35pm
Rileycat wrote ...

Maybe George Soros sees investment potential in his C6? Surprised no one seems to have drawn attention to the article on possible future classics in last Saturday's Daily Telegraph motoring supplement (or did I miss a posting?).

It read 'Another possible future classic is the sublime, hugely underrated Citroen C6. They cost about £30,000 when new five years ago, but can be found for nearer £6,000 today (in theory at least) thereby making them obvious and ideal potential classics. So far so good but these elegant saloons sold in tiny numbers and are available in even smaller numbers on the used market. A C6 is one hell of a used buy then, but in reality you'll struggle to find a used example for sale.'

The article went on to suggest an early 2000s Audi TT as another good buy. The article was illustrated with a stock photo of these two choices under a Facel Vega, with the caption 'Current and future assets: the Citroen C6 and the Audi TT are in line for the sort of kudos granted to the '58 Facel Vega.

Regards
Rileycat

Missed that!! Does anyone have a scan of the article? I could add it to my 'C6 Bore Store' which I get out at parties
Ped   
Thu Jul 07 2011, 07:40pm
Found it here:

- Click Here -
Rileycat   
Fri Jul 08 2011, 09:31am
Member No: #69
Interestingly the website version of the Daily Telegraph article differs slightly from the printed version. The printed version I quoted said used C6s could be bought for 'nearer £6,000 today' while the website version says £5000. I guess buying a C6 at either of those prices would be a little risky. Regards Rileycat.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club