C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Super Sticky

C6 Suspension 'Pitching'

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Ped   
Sat Jul 31 2010, 11:33pm
Member No: #82
Droom, when was this latest software fix issued? I don't have any problems with mine but it might make sense to have the latest one put on!
Trainman   
Sun Aug 01 2010, 07:57am

Member No: #86
Ped wrote ...

Droom, when was this latest software fix issued? I don't have any problems with mine but it might make sense to have the latest one put on!

I know a couple of members, who have had this 'fix' In fact, one of them after riding in mine and running a comparison with their's. In all honesty, I'm not sure if this is a real 'fix' or just a suspension reset, given that the suspension will adapt overtime to your driving style.

There's an old adage of "If it ain't broken, don't fix it"
droom   
Sun Aug 01 2010, 10:02am
Member No: #182
Ped wrote ...

Issued this year I understand. When I test drove mine I noticed that on the motorway, in certain conditions, it seemed to rock backwards and forwards. Like a boat. the upgrade has stopped that.
Ped   
Sun Aug 01 2010, 11:50am
Member No: #82
OK thanks. Mine doesn't have that characteristic so perhaps I'll leave it in case they [%*^#@!] up the whole system when they reflash it.

Is that why they call big French cars 'Barges'!!

ped
verycleverman   
Sun Aug 01 2010, 02:28pm
Member No: #65
Ped wrote ...

I had mine done back in February, along with the engine and gearbox update. I didn't notice any difference in the power train, but the suspension was a huge improvement.

Pete.
C6Dave   
Sun Aug 01 2010, 03:51pm

Member No: #1
Ped wrote ...

There is a software update available, it's not simply a 'refresh'.

New CSS software available on the server

Improves the system in terms of vehicle body roll and road handling, general

comfort when driving and eliminates the actuator noise when dropping off a kerb.

Website
travlician   
Sat May 21 2011, 04:28pm
Member No: #350
Anyone on this forum can provide the files or how to get them for this fix? I do have LEXIA but no dealer present in my country.
C6Dave   
Sun May 22 2011, 07:06am

Unfortunately dealers download it to the car direct from Citroen's servers only after authorisation
Website
rogerandoutman   
Thu May 26 2011, 05:40pm
Member No: #466
Having owned a 2008 reg with 17,000 mile C6 for a week and experiencing the pitching, I booked the car in for a inetrim service, ie oil change and check over. I also asked for them to check the suspension and upgrade the software. When at the dealer I was told that any check of software etc was chargeable asquote " somebody has to pay the mechanics time ".

Collected the car, now upgrade had been done mechanic who road tested the car agreed that the car did pitch and was mutch better on sport setting. However the diagnosis was a faulty ECU, miss reading the stearing wheel sensor and somehow this was causing the pitching!

Can be fixed with new ecu and £580.00 . How can you check that you are not being fed at lot of Bull.

Will wait and see what response the dealer ship gets from Citroen. fat chance from reading other owners experience.

Might have been better off with ny old Avantime

Admin Edit: changed age to reflect owners latest comments
travlician   
Thu May 26 2011, 06:40pm
Member No: #350
I suspect the old software is giving the problem with the faulty steering wheel angle sensor message. Since I'm sure I haven't got the update and the error message about the steering wheel angle sensor (which is OK on other ECUs, hence no problem with the sensor) is present in my C6, i'm trying to find the update first. Still looking for a strategy on that...
C6Dave   
Thu May 26 2011, 06:41pm

Having the car a week is probably not long enough for the car to 'adapt' to your driving style, or you to get used to the actual suspension.

I would give it time before you do anything as mine did not have the software upgrade and I never notice anything untoward now.
Website
Trainman   
Thu May 26 2011, 07:03pm

Member No: #86
Roger,

Got to say that I agree with C6Dave on this, also IF it is a faulty ECU that should be covered under the warrenty, and is most definately covered under the 'sale of goods' act. Given the 'newness' of the car, I can't see that Citroen really have anywhere to go.

It will be interesting to see the outcome......
mark28   
Thu May 26 2011, 07:51pm
Member No: #102
I have an Avantime too and the cars are like chalk and cheese as far as ride goes. I was suprised by the roll but now love it and have adjusted, as has the car. I was fobbed off with the line re the cost of checks. I pointed out that the Citroen Warranty should cover it, they backed down I did not pay anything for my check and fix re knocking suspension.
verycleverman   
Thu May 26 2011, 11:10pm
Member No: #65
rogerandoutman wrote ...

Having owned a 01 2011 17,000 mile C6 for a week and experiencing the pitching,

I'm unable to establish, from the above, how old your car is. If, as the figures indicate, it is less than six months old, then there will be no 'update' available. The suspension update is from at least 18 months ago; mine was done early in 2010. I hadn't asked for it to be done, the car was in for a, still unfixed, cruise control issue.

The mechanic, out of desperation, loaded all the available updates - engine, gearbox and suspension - none of which cured the cruise control but did improve the ride.

I agree that a week is insufficient time for the suspension to adapt to you and for you to adapt to the suspension.

Pete.
drummond   
Fri May 27 2011, 09:06am
Member No: #238
Mine- which is coming on Tuesday- has, I'm told by the dealer, all of the current updates on it, including the suspension update.

It did not have this update on it when I drove it, because it had not been back since registration in Feb 2009- the car has done 20000 miles.

BTW, this is the third C6 that I have driven, two 2.7's and now a 2.2, and there was a difference in the ride. The 2.2 was definitely wallowy- hopefully now updated.

My DS has a much more fluent ride, (except on humpback bridges) but I remember when the CX came out in France people were insistent that the DS had a better ride. NVH, now that's another thing!
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club