Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

What's the Botanical name for Mykunto as in Citroen C6 Wood Trim

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
gmerry   
Tue Apr 26 2011, 11:54am
Member No: #21
Giving that no other car so far as I know is equipped with Mykunto wood trim, does anyone know the botanical name of the tree which provides the timber.

Could it possibly be Maccasar Ebony - Click Here - Diospyros celebica
by another name.

Regards
G

PS, as the sales brochure uses quotation marks around "Mokunto", is it possible that this is a made up Citroen name
C6Dave   
Tue Apr 26 2011, 03:11pm

Member No: #1
πλαστικός (plastikos) a Fractionate distillate is my best guess
Website
tonyrome   
Tue Apr 26 2011, 03:31pm
Member No: #15
C6Dave wrote ...
πλαστικός (plastikos) a Fractionate distillate is my best guess

You old cynic, Dave . It's not on the Lignage, is it? It's actually described as 'wood trim', so I'm pretty sure it's not plastic. It was also mentioned in some of the original press releases as an African wood but none specify the actual latin name. Incidentally, despite various different spellings on this forum, all the brochures show it as Mokunto.
RichardKC6   
Tue Apr 26 2011, 04:27pm
Member No: #49
It's actually the primary diet of the wild Nauga, which was hunted nearly to extinction in the 1970s to provide genuine Naugahyde upholstery for the American market.
gmerry   
Tue Apr 26 2011, 05:41pm
Member No: #21
Right, from the various replies, c ynics and comics included I've come to the conclusion that Mokunto is a made up marketing name, possibly making sense to the French.

So what reallly is the wood, my first punt is is still Maccasar ebony. Anybody else hazard a guess, or is in the trade and might actually know

Regards
G
C6Dave   
Tue Apr 26 2011, 06:10pm

Member No: #1
Sorry G but a 'Google' brings up a post of yours top of the list for 'Mokunto Wood'

The only other references are related to C6 posts and comments elsewhere on the web that I can find.

Maybe you need to contact Citroen UK Technical and ask them for the definitive answer

BTW Mykunto brings up a nil result from Google, that doesn't happen often these days - Click Here -
Website
tonyrome   
Wed Apr 27 2011, 12:24pm
Member No: #15
C6Dave wrote ...
BTW Mykunto brings up a nil result from Google, that doesn't happen often these days

Not for long, though, Dave. It'll be indexing this thread soon! That's the problem with people mis-spelling words. Google is now indexing Mokunto, Mukonto and soon Mykunto, all for the same item
ciao_chao   
Wed Jun 22 2011, 11:36pm
Member No: #518
Right I did a google search for Mokunto using google.fr the results aren't promising.

I also searched Mykunto also is of little success.
LukynZ   
Fri May 10 2019, 05:35am
Member No: #1793
I think it looks like Indian Rosewood

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club