C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Suspension update

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
urb   
Sun Jan 31 2010, 03:35pm
Member No: #26
The only thing that I could complain about the suspension (H3+ +anvar) is when hitting a speed bump at hight speed. The suspension swallow bumps nicely but a loud noise comes when dropping of the bump. If a put the suspension in sport mode I don't get that noise.

Then I found in this excellent site that Citroen has a update for this.

C6 Supsension (must be logged in as a 'Private Member').

Having a Lexia clone I could do the update myself, but I don't know how to get hold of the software update, so I guess I have to ask the garage to do this update.
C6Dave   
Sun Jan 31 2010, 07:44pm

Member No: #1
It is an 'On line' download that dealers can do after authorisation.

Whilst you may have a Lexia clone, I doubt it allows you access to Citroen's central system I'm afraid as a password etc. are required.
Website
DaveB   
Tue Feb 16 2010, 10:39pm
Member No: #17
I've noticed the same thing with regard to speed bumps and the clunk when the wheels rebound and have even been switching to sport mode to overcome the problem.

I asked about the suspension update mentioned here at the main Citroen dealer in Coventry today and they say they were not aware of it. Is there anything specific I need to mention or say to the dealer in order to progress this further?
C6Dave   
Tue Feb 16 2010, 11:13pm

DaveB wrote ...

I've noticed the same thing with regard to speed bumps and the clunk when the wheels rebound and have even been switching to sport mode to overcome the problem.

I asked about the suspension update mentioned here at the main Citroen dealer in Coventry today and they say they were not aware of it. Is there anything specific I need to mention or say to the dealer in order to progress this further?

Download and print - Click Here - use the info to explain the issue, however don't show them or say where it came from, it is restricted information
Website
DaveB   
Wed Feb 17 2010, 10:27am
C6 Dave

Have you had the suspension update done?

I'll have another chat with the dealer - my C6 has one recall outstanding on it so it is a good time to bring this up.
I didn't realise the info was restricted so will tread carefully.

Thanks
C6Dave   
Wed Feb 17 2010, 12:23pm

No I didn't have it done as I don't get the 'noise' related part.

The car felt a bit 'wallowy' at first but the Service Manager convinced me after a long test drive that the suspension would 'adapt to my driving style' after a while and it has, so I'm happy with it left in normal mode now.

I've still got nearly 8 months of warranty left so if anything does develop I can get it checked later.
Website
DaveB   
Wed Feb 24 2010, 09:24pm
I went back to the dealer and had a chat about this - apparently its not listed as a cure for the clunk specifically. They had not done one before so could not really comment on any side affects or improvements. I was concerened that I could potentialy loose the C6's characteristic floating ride but at the same time was not content with the prospect of long term effects of having the clunk.

The upgrade was done and --- I still have a floating ride and the clunk is now sorted. The float does feel very slightly more constrained but I think this is actually an improvement. It is still possible to induce the clunk (as it originally did in sport mode) but you have to try harder. Driven normally there is now no problem.

Has anyone else had this done?
urb   
Mon Mar 01 2010, 12:23pm
Member No: #26
DaveB wrote ...

Has anyone else had this done?

Planning to do this after I get the stud tyres off ( Winter still holding on ).
Got 17" winter and 18" summer tyres. And the 17" soaks up some of the "bad" rebound .
Actually I'm looking for some good looking 17" alloys to replace then 18" summer,
because I think the car behaves better when using this size.
gmerry   
Mon Mar 01 2010, 11:32pm
Member No: #21
Urb, I'm currently on 17" rims with snow tyres. Wheels are steel (all I could get just before Christmas) and the roads are so bad here with potholes everywhere a metre os across and 200mm deep that alloys would have a short life. When summer comes and the roads have been fixed, I too would like to change to 17" alloys for the summer tyres. Car is so much quieter and no crashing on bumps
Keep me posted if you locate any suitable rims. Dave posted the specs for the wheels earlier on.
michaelb   
Mon Mar 08 2010, 01:07pm
Member No: #14
I printed off Dave's helpful download and showed it to Citroën Slough this morning. They told me it isn't applicable to my chassis number.

I must say I've not heard the 'clunk' mentioned on urb's post so maybe Slough are correct.
bdeithrick   
Wed Mar 31 2010, 11:58pm
Member No: #70
Citroen C6 suspension video

tonyrome   
Thu Apr 01 2010, 09:23am
Member No: #15
I came across this a while back on YouTube and it looks like an official Citroen video. Every time I see it, I feel as though there must be others, covering the various features of the C6 but I've never noticed anything else similar.
gmerry   
Thu Apr 01 2010, 05:50pm
Member No: #21
Tony, at the end of the video, a whole series of little stills popped up along the bottom. Each one is another video extolling the virtues of the C6 systems and design. Enjoy!

Actually, some of these videos are homemade, others obviously TV programmes (Swedish test?), others may be Citroen Promotional?
C6Dave   
Thu Apr 01 2010, 06:06pm

I hadn't spotted that Gordon and there are some good ones amongst them

For everyone else, they are all available on YouTube but you can just click on a still at the end of the one above for another video!!
Website
C6Dave   
Sun Sep 26 2010, 03:40pm

Well someone posted me a link to this video, is it as good as they indicate:

Website
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club