Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Can a current, official Pug dealer do the diagnostics on a Citroen ?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
onthecut   
Fri May 19 2023, 02:29pm
Member No: #2793
I'll put my hands up at the outset and say this isn't about my C6, but I reckon it might be a valid question for C6s too.

Bought a used C4 from a Pug dealer in the north west and returned it under warranty for rectification of things, some of which should have been picked up if they had done any sort of PDI. They have had it now over two months and latterly say they have detected a fuel system problem (which there certainly wasn't when it went in).

One key reason they seem to be using for the lack of activity is that they will have to take it to their local Citroen dealer for diagnostics and there is a long wait.

Put simply, it stretches my imagination that the diagnostic kit they will have as a current Peugeot dealer won't have the relevant sections for Citroen, too.

Will much appreciate if anyone can confirm one way or the other, for sure.

Mike.
Hattershaun   
Fri May 19 2023, 04:25pm
Member No: #320
Whilst the diagnostic computer is the same basic unit for Peugeot & Citroen, dealers have to pay a subscription for access to data for each marque they represent. So, it's quite feasible the Peugeot has to take your C4 to the Citroën dealer.
All a consequence of the 2000 Sale of New Car Order legislation, giving equal access to independent dealers as well as main dealers.
onthecut   
Sun May 21 2023, 02:02pm
Member No: #2793
Thanks for that.

It's ironic, really ---- first car I've bought from a garage in literally 40 years. The last one was a new Chevette which didn't run properly and they never managed to fix it and it seems things haven't moved on much in terms of service.

Perhaps less wi fi and coffee making opportunities in the showroom and more kit and better trained staff in the workshop would be a good start.

Mike.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club