Drivers door micro switch

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
LeComtedeGrevaux   
Tue Apr 11 2023, 05:55pm
Member No: #4282
Good evening

Does anyone have or know of someone who has the drivers door micro switch for sale as I think mine is faulty and causing the window to play up when opening and shutting the door

Any help is much appreciated in advance
MGmike   
Tue Apr 11 2023, 09:33pm
Member No: #3151
Hi, the microswitch is part of the lock actuator mechanism. I can supply a used one if required.
However, have you cleaned the connections in the door to body connector on the A-pillar? Most problems originate from this connector but if not, I can strip a lock from a door early next week.

AndreSMCXXMC6   
Wed Apr 12 2023, 01:29pm
Member No: #615
Have you checked your battery condition, I found a problem solved by changing the battery.
LeComtedeGrevaux   
Sat Apr 15 2023, 05:41pm
MGmike wrote ...

Hi, the microswitch is part of the lock actuator mechanism. I can supply a used one if required.
However, have you cleaned the connections in the door to body connector on the A-pillar? Most problems originate from this connector but if not, I can strip a lock from a door early next week.

Evening Mike

I have cleaned the connectors up. I found that if you clean them with electrical contact cleaner and then spray WD40 on is the best solution for that. It worked well on the front passenger door. Although on that one it was just the wing mirror not folding out and the window would just stop working.
The window on the passenger dropped normally when you opened it.
I thought I had cured the drivers door problem but after two good cleanings of the door connectors it's still there and I notice it only plays up when you pull the door handle.
So now I am going to change the switch as it gets the most use out of the four doors it's probably the one to go first.
Do you have the drivers door glass as well? If yes how much to buy and how much to send to Aldershot in Hampshire?
Also how much of a job is it to change the switch and door glass?
Regards
Stephen

LeComtedeGrevaux   
Sat Apr 15 2023, 05:45pm
AndreSMCXXMC6 wrote ...

Have you checked your battery condition, I found a problem solved by changing the battery.

Hi there

Changed the battery just a few months ago. I'm pretty sure it is the micro switch
MGmike   
Sun Apr 16 2023, 09:47am
Member No: #3151
LeComtedeGrevaux wrote ...

So now I am going to change the switch as it gets the most use out of the four doors it's probably the one to go first.
Do you have the drivers door glass as well? If yes how much to buy and how much to send to Aldershot in Hampshire?
Also how much of a job is it to change the switch and door glass?
Regards
Stephen

Hi Stephen,
I'll send you a PM on the glass and lock.

As for changing them, it's not too bad once you've removed the door interior cover! The glass has a single bolt holding it to the rear runner and then it simply lifts out. The lock mech is a little more involved and I think there may be a document in the tech section to cover it. If not, come back to me on here.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club