Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: 3.0 HDi Forum

Where is the USB socket located?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Stealth   
Sat Dec 17 2022, 11:35pm
Member No: #986
Hi everyone,

After 9 years and 210,000 kms in my 2.7Hdi, I've just updated to a 2010 3.0Hdi. The 3.0 has Bluetooth but the USB socket in the centre console (referred to in the owner's handbook) is not present. Having checked the glovebox and found only the same video jacks, it looks a lot like there's no USB port.

I make the assumption that during homologation of Australian models, a later version (perhaps RT5) of the Navidrive system was added to cars that did not have a USB port fitted, as I believe only 7 or 8 3.0s found their way to these shores.

Can anybody provide any insight?
David K   
Sun Dec 18 2022, 11:07am
Member No: #42
Congratulations to your 3.0 HDi!
There were never any USB-port installed in the 3.0 HDi, it's a mistake in the manual. You can install one though but then you need to find a USB cable. I have bought a few cables at Peugeot-dealers but don't remember the OEN number for it at the moment. Will see if I find it. And it was a few years ago so maybe they don't have it available anymore.
Stealth   
Sun Dec 18 2022, 06:52pm
Oh I see. It's also listed as a feature in the sale brochure. Oops.
cruiserphil   
Tue Dec 20 2022, 10:33am

Member No: #38
David K,

Congratulations. First 3.0Hdi in Australia?? The USB appears to be an after fitting. There's one on our 3.0Hdi. I'll check out the make as the manual is slipped into the back of the driver's handbook. It was already fitted when we bought the car.

Best regards,

Phil C.
AndreSMCXXMC6   
Tue Dec 20 2022, 08:00pm
Member No: #615
You would need Peugeot / Citroen cable 6574.JH
Stealth   
Wed Dec 21 2022, 03:57am
Thanks @Cruiserphil and @AndreSM. My dealer confirmed that yes, you need to fit the cable but the provision is there to plug it in. I don't think I'll bother. Far easier simply to buy a 12 volt USB plug as I won't be using the cigarette lighter.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club