C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

LHD Blower Motor Removal

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
David Hallworth   
Sat Dec 31 2022, 05:29pm

Member No: #90
Has anyone ever removed the blower motor from a LHD C6?

I’ve removed the knee airbag and have removed the fan from the heater box but I can’t get it down and out of the dashboard.

It’s as if the heater pipes and wiring looms are all in the way. I don’t want to be rough with it in case the heater pipes into the matrix become damaged.

Tempted to remove the 2 nuts and see if I can drop the steering column a bit but it really shouldn’t be this difficult.

Thanks
David.
onthecut   
Sun Jan 01 2023, 09:50am
Member No: #2793
If you don't have it, I have the manual page for the job --- except like a lot of the manual, it seems to have been constructed by people who have never set eyes on an actual vehicle.

For LHD, it says to remove the steering column air bag, disconnect the electrical socket, twist the motor assembly anti-clockwise and then withdraw in
a vaguely downward direction. No mention whatsoever of other cables, trim or impediments.

Mike.
David Hallworth   
Sun Jan 01 2023, 02:16pm

I’ve seen the manual. It’s [%*^#@!]. Lol.

It doesn’t even mention the locking tab on the motor that you need to release before twisting it to release it!

David.
David Hallworth   
Sun Jan 15 2023, 09:25pm

After delays in getting the new motor and bad weather, I can finally report this as completed.

It’s not a nice job to do but I found it much easier by removing the accelerator pedal removing the 4 bolts that secure the steering column and resting the steering wheel on the front seat.

Fiddling the fan out past the wiring loom isn’t particularly pleasant but feeding the new one in was much easier. The most awkward part of reassembly was getting the fan lined up so it could be rotated to lock into place.

Once that was done, reassembly only took 15-20 minutes.

One of the few times I wish my car was a RHD!

David.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club