C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

2012 3.0 HDi C6 Rear suspension

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
nevefresca   
Tue Nov 08 2022, 10:32pm
Member No: #895
Is there such a thing as a rear, trailing arm, rear bush. Mine is worn, on the offside, according to my local garage, service report?! If so, can anyone direct me to a diagram, as I just can't see one in the Technical Docs? Or, do Citroen use a different term, on the C6? Thanks.
MGmike   
Tue Nov 08 2022, 10:58pm
Member No: #3151
Item 11 - Click Here -
But you might as well do 10 and 11 while you have the arm off.

Regards
MGmike   
Tue Nov 08 2022, 11:00pm
Member No: #3151
In the tech section... C6 Remove and Refit Rear Suspension Longitudinal Arm Flexible Mounts
nevefresca   
Wed Nov 09 2022, 11:07am
Member No: #895
Hi, Thank you for both of your speedy replies, with useful links.
I have a couple of questions:
1) Should I have both bushes in both N/S/R longitudinal arms replaced, at the same time? Is this overkill, or, a prudent procedure?
2) My local garage doesn't seem keen to do this work, or, replace the "low" rear brake pads. They said, as I need to have the Timing Belt changed, as part of the 40,000/10years, routine service, suggested I have all this work carried out by my local Citroen Dealer, in Portsmouth, Richmond Motors, as they have all the necessary tools, etc. Do you agree that this is the best, although bound to be, more expensive way to go? I am unable to do the work myself, anyway. Thanks for your help. Bob
jamescarruthers   
Thu Nov 10 2022, 08:01am
Member No: #1548
Your local Citroen dealer will have as much experience of working on a C6 as they do a space shuttle.

If you can, take it to BL Autos in Welwyn Garden City who are the experts in these cars.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club