Intermittent buzzing behind the dashboard

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ozeddy   
Mon Nov 28 2022, 02:05am
Member No: #5052
Hi all,

This post could sound trivial but in a car like our C6, it's an irritation that begs attention and I'm hoping someone here might be able to point to a source, please.

For a while now, there's an intermittent buzzing somewhere in the vicinity of the upper air vent on the right side of my dash. I attach a photo with a red arrow.

It has come on only while driving - not stationary.

It comes from inside and no amount of hand pressure makes the slightest difference. It sounds like a small wasp is caught inside although emitting a slightly higher buzzy pitch. Clearly, the noise is plastic or light metallic in nature; not electric or insect in origin.

While it's intermittent I'm unable to either bring it on or stop it by switching off the radio or the aircon air flow.

As far as I can see, there has been no work done that has necessitated the removal of the dash. The car has now done 71k miles.

If you have any idea as to its source and how to stop it, all occupants of the car would be most grateful.

Thank you

cruiserphil   
Mon Nov 28 2022, 10:19am

Member No: #38
Hello Ozeddy,

I had a similar intermittent buzzing on the left hand side. It turned out to be the tweeter speaker in the door at mirror height!

Best regards,

Phil C.
ozeddy   
Mon Nov 28 2022, 12:08pm
Thank you, Phil. I'm double check that. In my case, the buzz is there with the radio off though.

Eddy
cruiserphil   
Tue Nov 29 2022, 07:35am

Member No: #38
Hello Eddy,

In my case the vibration was in the tweeter speaker regardless of radio on/off. Hope you find the problem.

Best rgards,

Phil C.
ozeddy   
Tue Nov 29 2022, 07:01pm
Thank you, Phil. I'm certainly check that first.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club