Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

P0404 and A0490

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
CarlT   
Tue Oct 18 2022, 07:39pm
Member No: #2385
Hi All

First a newbie question, I have a 07 2,7 HDi, what is my engine code? I tried looking into some om the error code manuals, but I failed to see the all errors.

Car has been "parked" for 11 months, only started and moved short distances several times. Can reset the codes, but they keep coming back. Not be able to take the car for a proper run as it is unregistered.

So I've seen on the forum that both codes are EGR related. 0490 states it is EGR valve (Passenger compartment side) : Position incorrect (too closed). I guess too closed is better than open at least..

Thinking of trying some cleaning first and se how far that gets me. Is there any cleaning I can do with some spray with the value in situ? Or should I just replace it with a new one, any brands that are preferable? Seen Hella parts for around €80.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Regards
Carl
CarlT   
Tue Oct 18 2022, 07:52pm

cruiserphil   
Wed Oct 19 2022, 10:59am

Member No: #38
Hello CarlT,

I wouldn't do anything until you have the car road legal and start driving it. Our 3.0HDi started throwing up an egr fault when it was doing very little during the Covid lockdown. Now that it's being driven again the fault has disappeared.

Best regards,

Phil C.
CarlT   
Wed Oct 19 2022, 05:48pm
Hi Phil

Really, could it be that easy? OK Sweet, I will try this first!

Regards
Carl
cit-rotti   
Thu Oct 20 2022, 10:57am
Member No: #3753
With the appropriate diagnostic tool (DIAGBOX), the EGR valves can also be moved - opened and closed. This often helps to eliminate the sticking - driving is of course also OK.
Whereby the EGR of the 3.0 HDI are almost problem-free - it is a different/better EGR system than in the 2.7 HDI.
Greetings Wolfgang

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club