Problem engine C6 2.7 HDI PowerOff

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Disaster189   
Mon Oct 17 2022, 07:04am
Member No: #5010
Hello,

I need some help with the Citroen C6 2.7 HDI 2008.

A few days ago it started to shake as if a cylinder had failed, I kept it in the garage and the next day completely cold, start, accelerate cold and it turned off immediately. I have emptied the fuel tank and I have put new diesel of good quality at the same time as a Xenum injector cleaner, then the car has started well (if you accelerate cold it turns off immediately) if you let the car warm up everything works fine.

I have passed Diagbox and I have seen the following error codes:

I have seen this video that exactly the same problem occurs (when accelerating from cold it turns off immediately) although it says that when hot everything works fine like it did for me and it says that it is a bad mass under the air filter:

- Click Here -

The problem is that when cold it is also noticeable how the injection fails a little, I don't know if it is related to the same mass or they are different problems, a particle filter error message has also come out now, all at the same time... A little weird.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Citrofix   
Mon Oct 17 2022, 10:27pm
Member No: #1722
Disaster189 wrote ...

Hello,

A few days ago it started to shake as if a cylinder had failed, I kept it in the garage and the next day completely cold, start, accelerate cold and it turned off immediately. I have emptied the fuel tank and I have put new diesel of good quality at the same time as a Xenum injector cleaner, then the car has started well (if you accelerate cold it turns off immediately) if you let the car warm up everything works fine.

I have seen this video that exactly the same problem occurs (when accelerating from cold it turns off immediately) although it says that when hot everything works fine like it did for me and it says that it is a bad mass under the air filter:

- Click Here -

The problem is that when cold it is also noticeable how the injection fails a little, I don't know if it is related to the same mass or they are different problems, a particle filter error message has also come out now, all at the same time... A little weird.

I see you have P0088 diesel pressure too high or low, don't remember, there is also a P0087 code (high or low). Check actual pressure according to reference/target pressure with diagnostics and data recorder, curves should follow each other very precisely. May be a problem with the pressure regulator valve on the bottom of the high pressure pump. I had it once, found small bits of plastic obstructing the movement of a small piston inside the regulator valve. No idea how they came there...

Regards, Christian
Disaster189   
Tue Oct 18 2022, 02:06pm
Citrofix wrote ...

Disaster189 wrote ...

Hello,

- Click Here -

I see you have P0088 diesel pressure too high or low, don't remember, there is also a P0087 code (high or low). Check actual pressure according to reference/target pressure with diagnostics and data recorder, curves should follow each other very precisely. May be a problem with the pressure regulator valve on the bottom of the high pressure pump. I had it once, found small bits of plastic obstructing the movement of a small piston inside the regulator valve. No idea how they came there...

Regards, Christian

Thank you very much for the information, today the diesel filter is going to be changed, yesterday it started and in cold you feel a very strange noise like cyclical air, and the engine is noticeable that it is not working properly, the following failures also appeared:

P0088
U1218
U2000
P1963

In the browser appeared antiparticle filter error, although Diagbox does not throw nignun error there of the filter of particles ... Everything is very strange, I do not know what else to try, I thought about checking the masses of the engine in case they had rust or be in poor condition but I did not find their location.

I upload one video in Icloud:

- Click Here -
Disaster189   
Sat Oct 22 2022, 03:41pm
Replaced fuel filter but everything is still the same.
Disaster189   
Tue Oct 25 2022, 06:16pm
- Click Here -

new video
cruiserphil   
Thu Oct 27 2022, 03:18pm

Member No: #38
Hello Disaster 189,

I watched your video and now understand the problem you are describing. I remember there was a Citroen software update for that problem in the past - engine stalling while cold. On our 2.7HDi I can provoke that problem when it is first started cold by pressing and releasing the accelerator suddenly. But I normally don't do that to the car. I don't see it as a problem.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club