C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Wiper motors mystery

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Tjensen   
Mon Jun 20 2022, 08:59am
Member No: #954
(2010 3.0 Hdi, LHD) Right (offside ?) wiper motor started to be unreliable. Would stop in parked position and be there until next time I start the car. Then OK for a while again.
Bought 2 new motors (expensive) and got them installed. OK for some weeks. But now the same problem. Any ideas I can suggest for the garage ?
Citrofix   
Mon Oct 17 2022, 10:06pm
Member No: #1722
Tjensen wrote ...

(2010 3.0 Hdi, LHD) Right (offside ?) wiper motor started to be unreliable. Would stop in parked position and be there until next time I start the car. Then OK for a while again.
Bought 2 new motors (expensive) and got them installed. OK for some weeks. But now the same problem. Any ideas I can suggest for the garage ?

Bad contact in the connectors?. Was fiddling with wipers not working on a C6 that has not been used since 2011 this weekend, out with the motors, cleaning up the connectors (Würth anti oksid spray) and made the terminals more tight and voila! the wipers worked again. The connectors didn't actually look bad though... Crossing fingers it stays reliable.

Christian

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club