strange abs fault and water in boot

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ststech   
Sun Nov 30 2014, 07:02am
Member No: #1845
i was going to splice the cable and solder and seal the cable when i get time

but my main concern is the water coming in the boot from drivers side i cleared it about a month a go now yesterday again the boot tyre recess has about 2 inches of water in it and boot carpet wet on drivers side
not sure but i think its entering from near the drivers side rear light cluster or around that area
has anyone else had a swimming pool in the boot

regards Simon
Website
gmerry   
Sun Nov 30 2014, 05:59pm
Member No: #21
All the water from the rear screen runs across the body where there is a hole for the rear light cluster: so this seal needs to be good. Remove the rear cluster and replace the seal/washer or better still smear a little sealant here.

Regards
G
ststech   
Sun Nov 30 2014, 09:17pm
Member No: #1845
on further investigation today the whole boot is wet and where the speakers are in upper boot roof and the boot lid were all wet
could the light clusters cause this or the rear deflector spoiler
its hard to work out where its coming from but it is dry on the side of the battery
and the other side of carpet is soaked as is the area where the cd changer would go
and the little oddments pocket i have a cardboard box with some tools in the boot which sits in the middle that box is almost wet through
Website
gmerry   
Mon Dec 01 2014, 09:48am
Member No: #21
Rear windscreen seal? or Boot for wiring?

Regards
G
Candide   
Sun Oct 09 2022, 02:27pm
Member No: #3844
ststech wrote ...

on further investigation today the whole boot is wet and where the speakers are in upper boot roof and the boot lid were all wet
its hard to work out where its coming from but it is dry on the side of the battery
and the other side of carpet is soaked as is the area where the cd changer would go
and the little oddments pocket i have a cardboard box with some tools in the boot which sits in the middle that box is almost wet through

I realise this was some time ago but I'm intrigued as to whether you found the source of the problem here because I have the exact same issue. Recently, in the heavy rain, I went out to try to source the leak and there it was, clear as day, with water dripping onto the right rear speaker grille from about halfway down the rear window of that side, the driver's side. It's currently in getting MOT/service work done and I asked them to have a simple visual check to see if they could see anything I can't. From what I see, it may be the trim on that side which has a rubber part that perishes over time and this allows the water in, but this is merely a theory really, at some point the water is getting from the outside world to the interior so something is clearly wrong and in a country such as Scotland it's essential that I can trust my C6 to be watertight, so I'm determined to fix this now.

Any help or info would be much appreciated, thank you.
Citrofix   
Sun Oct 09 2022, 07:56pm
Member No: #1722
Candide wrote ...

ststech wrote ...

I realise this was some time ago but I'm intrigued as to whether you found the source of the problem here because I have the exact same issue. Recently, in the heavy rain, I went out to try to source the leak and there it was, clear as day, with water dripping onto the right rear speaker grille from about halfway down the rear window of that side, the driver's side. It's currently in getting MOT/service work done and I asked them to have a simple visual check to see if they could see anything I can't. From what I see, it may be the trim on that side which has a rubber part that perishes over time and this allows the water in, but this is merely a theory really, at some point the water is getting from the outside world to the interior so something is clearly wrong and in a country such as Scotland it's essential that I can trust my C6 to be watertight, so I'm determined to fix this now.

Any help or info would be much appreciated, thank you.

Try to add some tape around the rear window to see if that stops the leak?, Then you know. Or blowing compressed air from inside around rear window and spray on soapy water on outside.

Good luck, Christian
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club