C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Remote control key

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
saxmaniac   
Sun Sep 25 2022, 07:25pm
Member No: #224
My remote control key stopped functioning from 100 per cent. to zero: worked fine when locking the car in a normal way. When returning and trying to unlock: no response. Used metal key in driver's door to open central locking manually but instead all hell broke loose: siren wailing and again at each time as the other doors and the boot were opened. After returning home tried to lock with the remote key: no response. Change of battery makes no difference. Fortunately the spare remote key is working but would like to have the other one functioning too. Any ideas?
saxmaniac   
Mon Sep 26 2022, 11:15am
Member No: #224
saxmaniac wrote ...

My remote control key stopped functioning from 100 per cent. to zero: worked fine when locking the car in a normal way. When returning and trying to unlock: no response. Used metal key in driver's door to open central locking manually but instead all hell broke loose: siren wailing and again at each time as the other doors and the boot were opened. After returning home tried to lock with the remote key: no response. Change of battery makes no difference. Fortunately the spare remote key is working but would like to have the other one functioning too. Any ideas?

Responding to myself: on the web-site of a local car key shop I found the following advice (as translated by Google translator): "Synchronization is carried out on most Citroen models by turning on the current with the key and pressing the opening button for 10 seconds. After that, take the key from the ignition switch and test the functionality of the remote locking. If the key does not work despite changing the battery and synchronizing, the next step is to check the functionality of the key signal." In my case synchronization cured the fault.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club