C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Very slow Jukebox

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ozeddy   
Tue Jun 28 2022, 05:51am
Member No: #5052
I have just deleted the data on my Jukebox and subsequently copied one CD with ten tracks. The process was fairly slow but my car is a 2008 version and perhaps it's understandable. However, while the music plays, if I'm to believe the message, 'Track compression under way' doesn't seem to end. It takes so long and presumably stops when the car enters economy mode. Should I just be patient or would that be a familiar problem, please?
Hattershaun   
Tue Jun 28 2022, 07:17am
Member No: #320
It can take as long to compress the data as it did to record initially, eventually the message should go away.
The system will continue this process if interrupted by switching the engine off or going into economy mode. Probably best to copy CDs whilst driving.
There are three 'music quality' settings for copying the CDs, within the Jukebox settings; low, medium & high. Each will take up a different amount of data capacity. The highest quality will take up lots of data & take the longest time to copy.
joopajaa   
Wed Jun 29 2022, 05:48am
Member No: #3261
Not directly related but I think no-recoding is done when copying MP3-files from cd to harddrive -> it is fast. Just to let you know.
ozeddy   
Wed Jun 29 2022, 08:04am
joopajaa wrote ...

Not directly related but I think no-recoding is done when copying MP3-files from cd to harddrive -> it is fast. Just to let you know.

Thank you
ozeddy   
Wed Jun 29 2022, 08:07am
Hattershaun wrote ...

It can take as long to compress the data as it did to record initially, eventually the message should go away.
The system will continue this process if interrupted by switching the engine off or going into economy mode. Probably best to copy CDs whilst driving.
There are three 'music quality' settings for copying the CDs, within the Jukebox settings; low, medium & high. Each will take up a different amount of data capacity. The highest quality will take up lots of data & take the longest time to copy.

Thank you very much

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club