Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Ludwig9773   
Mon Mar 14 2022, 08:33pm
Member No: #4704
2006/07 2.7 Hdi

So I enjoyed this today:

Walking to the car, I unlocked with the key fob. I walk up, open the door, sit in the car, and pause for a moment. I close the door and - the instant before the door closes - I swear the window glass jumps up to 'closed' position. The glass instantly contacts the weather trim/plastic near the mirror and the glass shatters. Luckily, the sound proof laminate layer holds it all together.

I open the door and notice the window did not drop upon door open like it normally does. I lowered the window with the switch slightly and closed the door. Raised the window and drove home.

Opened door at home and again - no automatic window lowering. Lowered window slightly with the switch and closed door. Locked with the fob. Tried to hold down lock key on fob to see if window would raise - nothing.

Hooked up DiagBox. Lowered and raised window completely with the DiagBox. No errors. Opened door and window functions correctly.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I sometimes notice that if I wait too long (30 seconds) between unlocking the car with the fob and opening a door, that the door will re-lock automatically. I am wondering if this is what happened as I was closing the door?

Does anybody have a front left piece of glass they are looking to rid themselves of???

Thank you all,

Chris Ludwig

Ludwig9773   
Tue Mar 15 2022, 07:58am
So it appears to me that the glass must have come out of its channel when the glass lowered upon door opening (tilting to the rear, raising the front). Then, when I close the door, the glass raised and pinched the glass at the front corner? Maybe it was just a mechanical problem instead of a computer problem?

jamescarruthers   
Tue Mar 15 2022, 09:04am
Member No: #1548
Yes, my car had this problem when I bought it last year. Thankfully the glass was still available and it was fixed on the insurance. I had suspected someone had opened or closed the door when the battery was off but seeing yours I realise that might not have been the case.

Ludwig9773   
Thu Mar 24 2022, 12:59pm
That photo appears to show the exact same damage. Even the small mar to the chrome where the glass contacted it.

I bought a salvage piece of glass from German eBay. Going on holiday tomorrow and will see about repairing it next month.

Just an update, the glass does not appear to be lose or coming out of its track, so not sure what caused the original damage.
LeComtedeGrevaux   
Tue Apr 19 2022, 08:29pm
Member No: #4282
Ludwig9773 wrote ...

2006/07 2.7 Hdi

So I enjoyed this today:

Walking to the car, I unlocked with the key fob. I walk up, open the door, sit in the car, and pause for a moment. I close the door and - the instant before the door closes - I swear the window glass jumps up to 'closed' position. The glass instantly contacts the weather trim/plastic near the mirror and the glass shatters. Luckily, the sound proof laminate layer holds it all together.

I open the door and notice the window did not drop upon door open like it normally does. I lowered the window with the switch slightly and closed the door. Raised the window and drove home.

Opened door at home and again - no automatic window lowering. Lowered window slightly with the switch and closed door. Locked with the fob. Tried to hold down lock key on fob to see if window would raise - nothing.

Hooked up DiagBox. Lowered and raised window completely with the DiagBox. No errors. Opened door and window functions correctly.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I sometimes notice that if I wait too long (30 seconds) between unlocking the car with the fob and opening a door, that the door will re-lock automatically. I am wondering if this is what happened as I was closing the door?

Does anybody have a front left piece of glass they are looking to rid themselves of???

Thank you all,

Chris Ludwig

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club