Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
GTBAML   
Wed Mar 02 2022, 02:20pm
Member No: #3005
Hi all

C6 2009
Prior to the last mot some abs, engine management codes Etc were on. I reset them using device but they come on after a while. When I go to reset them it says no fault codes found but Th lights are on! Of course failed its mot. Any ideas anyone?

Also the display screen seems not to be coming on completely and am left with just the Citroen logo

The car has been stored best part of two years but drives perfectly
davygr1961   
Wed Mar 02 2022, 02:40pm
Member No: #4953
Hi there,
If the car has been standing for a long period and the battery was discharged there is a specific procedure for reconnecting the battery & rebooting the system BSI(built in systems interface).....failure to do this can cause all sorts of issues.
in addition you should try a global fault test using the correct Citroen diagnostic software tool - it will detail specific faults in any areas. To get rid of the faults you will need to address the areas highlighted as a problem - if an ABS sensor is out you cannot permanently clear the fault until the sensor is renewed.....same is true for several engine management faults. In addition a faulty ABS sensor will through up some 'phantom' faults in the ESP, Handbrake......these will disappear if you replace the faulty ABS sensor & clear the faults via the diagnostic tool.
Hope this helps !!!
GTBAML   
Wed Mar 02 2022, 05:07pm
Member No: #3005
Thanks
MGmike   
Wed Mar 02 2022, 08:44pm
Member No: #3151
davy, knows his stuff.
A generic code reader won't pick up a lot of codes and Diagbox is needed.

If the ABS fault is not permanent ie doesn't comes back immediately on start up, it's almost certainly down to a low battery voltage. Either charge the battery or better still replace it.

After standing a long time I would bet my house on the EML being caused by a sticky EGR valve but you need the code to know which one.

The display screen, I'm assuming you are referring to the one in the center of the dash and not the speedo, is likely to be a radio head unit fault.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club