2009 Exclusive Front parking sensors not working

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
StuartA   
Wed Jan 26 2022, 04:30pm
Member No: #4909
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd start a new thread as the boot seal has been fixed and seems to be watertight.

Fitted a s/h parking module to replace the one which was waterlogged. Now the rear sensors work, but the front do not.

Any advice on best places to check, please? Could it be a problem with the wiring loom which got wet (though the rears work) or are there separate fuses for front & rear etc?

Is there an easy way to test for this problem? (I'm crossing my fingers as I write! )

Many thanks,

Stuart
jamescarruthers   
Wed Jan 26 2022, 05:20pm
Member No: #1548
Hi Stuart. I have never checked on the C6, but when I was working on my wife’s Mini’s larking sensors, you could put your ear right next to them and hear them very quietly clicking. The one that wasn’t clicking was dead. The C6 sensors aren’t anything special so I’d imagine the same process will work.

Alternatively, have you had the scanned by a Lexia or Diagbox to see if it can reveal any fault in a specific sensor?

I doubt there are any fuses involved.

Have they ever worked? Just there is a small chance that a sensor failed for a previous owner and they had the front sensors switched off in Lexia! Of course, if they’ve worked for you on the past, disregard this small chance completely.

Oh, and is the parking module you replaced off a C6 that had front and rear sensors? I ask because what if the same part number is used on the C5, for example, but with only rear sensors programmed to work. Again, it might need programmed to do it’s full job?
StuartA   
Thu Jan 27 2022, 02:29pm
Member No: #4909
Hi James,

Thanks - I don't know if the sensors worked for the previous owner - good point!

If the new module needs programming, how to I go about that, please?

Sorry to show my ignorance, but what are Lexia and Diagbox, please?

Thanks,

Stuart
jamescarruthers   
Thu Jan 27 2022, 05:52pm
Member No: #1548
Lexia and Diagbox are rather the same thing (one older, one newer) and is the diagnostic software that Citroen have to fully communicate with the car. It is very easy to unofficially get the hardware/software to go with an old laptop yourself should you want to diagnose stuff at home. I see you are in France so hopefully you will have a better chance of an independent Citroen garage having this available to diagnose the car. A more basic fault code reader will read some of the car and it’s systems but for really in depth stuff, the Citroen software is essential.

Checking and then programming your new module in Lexia should be possible but now I’m just in to guessing territory as to how to do it, sorry. Other than the basics of reading fault codes, I’m a newbie with Lexia and Diagbox.

Easydiagnostics.co.uk were the UK supplier I used but when I am out of my depth, I always pay for BL Autos in the UK to do the more complicated stuff

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club