P0087 fuel pressure too high

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
CorneSoutAfrica   
Sat Dec 25 2021, 09:40pm
Member No: #2836
Hi everyone.

I am having a recurring issue with my 2.7 C6. As soon as I put my foot down once the car is warm (for example passing a car) and the engine revs goes over 2800 ish rpm then the car loses power and check engine light comes on. Mostly to restore power I have to stop. Switch car off and all is normal or a few times just taking my foot of the gas pedal for a few seconds and again put my foot back would be enough to restore power. Recently it was so bad I had to disconnect the battery as I didn’t have my laptop with me. After alot of digging the most likely culprit is either the diesel pressure regulator (suction control valve) or the fuel rail pressure sensor.

I am looking for the part numbers of the regulator valve and the rail pressure sensor. It seems to be difficult to find the sensors so I am looking for the part-numbers to see where I can find the sensors. It is getting dangerous to drive the car because she loses power exactly when you need it the most.

If someone with access to part-numbers can help me I will be thankful.

Cheers and merry christmas
Corne
CorneSoutAfrica   
Sun Dec 26 2021, 06:52pm
I got to see this but unsure if it will fit our C6’s even though it is the same engine as in the discovery and Jaguar

- Click Here -
MGmike   
Mon Dec 27 2021, 05:12pm
Member No: #3151
the description says it will fit the C6 2.7 (but ebay descriptions can be very inaccurate!).
CorneSoutAfrica   
Mon Dec 27 2021, 06:06pm
They can be misleading. That is why I’m looking for the partnumbers. I’d rather go with partnumbers than ebay description. I can’t just ask for an exchange, I’m a bit far
AndreSMCXXMC6   
Wed Dec 29 2021, 10:40am
Member No: #615
Are you sure is it not Doesel filter partially blocked earlier the the service describes.
CorneSoutAfrica   
Wed Dec 29 2021, 03:31pm
I am quite sure. The filter gets replaced about every 10 000km. I replaced the filter about 2000km ago to be sure a clogged filter is not the issue. The problem presists
cit-rotti   
Thu Dec 30 2021, 10:51am
Member No: #3753
The spare part number for your C6 can only be correctly determined on the current PSA hotline using the VIN.
If I have this, I can find out the PPE spare part number for you.
Another possibility to determine the Citroen spare part number is the internet platform
- Click Here -
The platform uses original data from the car manufacturers - however, this platform is not absolutely up-to-date and uses older data. With a C6 - it's almost a vintage car - that fits in most cases - use Google Chrome for translations if necessary.
Greetings Wolfgang
CorneSoutAfrica   
Fri Dec 31 2021, 09:14am
May I PM you my VIN? I had a look for it on the internet platform but I can’t get to see the part. Only the diesel pump

Kind regards
Corne
cit-rotti   
Sat Jan 01 2022, 05:52pm
Member No: #3753
... I dealt with the topic theoretically and have come to no conclusion.
The chassis number does not help here, because PSA does not supply any individual parts, only the complete Siemens pump (1920 HJ (new) or 1921 P1 (replacement).
There are no spare parts for either the high pressure fuel regulator or the flow control solenoid valve.
This also applies to the high pressure sensor, which is screwed into the central high pressure bar (1570H4.
Jaguar may have these parts individually - the injection pump conditioners have them.
You should read or download the following for information:
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
then choose C6 2007 and download it for free

For the SID201 I have extensive technical information as a PDF in English - but that doesn't help for your spare parts search - I could send you by email - address via PN.

When you have found a solution, it would be helpful to publish it.
Greetings Wolfgang
CorneSoutAfrica   
Tue Aug 23 2022, 06:09pm
Hi Everyone

Just an update on the issue I had. I replaced the fuel pressure regulator valve.
VDO Part number A2C59506225. First trip the engine light came on, and after a further 6000km no issue, full throttle without any issue so it seems the valve worked! I also noticed an increase in fuel economy.

I will report if something happens but so far so good!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club