Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Parking Aid inoperative .... and water in the (boot) well!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
StuartA   
Sat Dec 04 2021, 03:50pm
Member No: #4909
Initial issues following purchase and looking for help, please.

Car is 2009 2.7HDi Exclusive with 93,000 miles.

She was stood for almost a year following the passing of her owner. For the last 4 months of those she was stood on a garage forecourt in all weathers.

The immediate problems seem to be the parking aid is not working and there is (a lot of!) water in the boot well.

With the parking aid, the switch is inoperative - it moves but there is no light. All the other items on that particular fuse are working.

I know the spare tyre is in the boot well, but I wasn't expecting 4 inches or so of water, too. I imagine it has been in there a while as the wheel rim and the tyre lever are starting to go rusty.

Has anyone had any experience of either of these issues, please?

Many thanks,

Stuart

MGmike   
Sat Dec 04 2021, 05:40pm
Member No: #3151
Hi Stuart and

Water ingress to the boot is usually/probably from the spoiler seal. A well known problem around these parts.
The parking aid fault is probably connected as the ECU is mounted on the right of the spare wheel well. You might get lucky once it drys out but if not, give me a shout as I'm (still) breaking a car and can sell you a replacement.

StuartA   
Sat Dec 04 2021, 08:14pm
Hi Mike,

Thanks - will change the spoiler seal and have a look at the ECU!

Cheers,

Stuart
cruiserphil   
Mon Dec 06 2021, 11:17am

Member No: #38
Hello Stuart,

There are good posts on repairing the spoiler seal in the forum. Have a good search!

Best regards,

Phil C.
StuartA   
Tue Dec 07 2021, 05:04pm
Hi Phil,

Thanks - yes, I've been having a look - this site is a mine of helpful and useful information!

Best regards,

Stuart
cruiserphil   
Wed Dec 08 2021, 09:30am

Member No: #38
No problem Stuart,

Don't forget, if you can't find any info just ask the question. Of course, it could be a new problem that you are the first to experience

Best regards,

Phil C.
Jas16   
Thu Dec 09 2021, 04:04pm
Member No: #2994
Also with cars standing around, I would have thought drain areas might be blocked?

You could, if you want, use a hose and make sure these are all ok and maybe identify if there are potential other sources of the leaks aside from the common spoiler seal.
C6Marcy   
Fri Dec 10 2021, 07:49am
Member No: #4417
I had to do this exact same fix to my car last winter, it didn't actually take that long

After carefully removing the old seal and cleaning both surfaces I opted for grey sikaflex, on a silver car, It worked very well and can't be seen. I'm very confident of the sealant quality

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club