C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 2.2 - What are these for?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
exXM   
Tue Oct 19 2021, 03:22pm
Member No: #432
The front offside suspension unit has what looks like a nipple fitted. The nearside unit doesn't have one.

Just noticed (after 4 years!) there is a rubber tube 8mm diameter approx. with one end loose. Can't see exactly where the other end is, it goes upwards to the right of the alternator. Is it a drain or has it fallen off something important? Presumably nothing to do with intermittent "limp home mode" being experienced lately? (I'm posting details elsewhere for that)

See photos.

MGmike   
Tue Oct 19 2021, 05:39pm
Member No: #3151
The top one does look like a bleed point but I wonder is it just a way of plugging an AMVAR strut to fit to a non-AMVAR car. The date stamp on the strut looks to be 2014 which would confirm it's been changed.

the other tube is the diesel filter drain tube. It should go in to a drain screw on the bottom of the filter.
Paschal   
Thu Oct 21 2021, 08:22pm
Member No: #375
That looks like the top of the replacement strut I had fitted to my C5 recently the original strut had a plastic "U" shaped cap. I will have a look to see what lies beneath it at the weekend if thats of any help.
exXM   
Wed Oct 27 2021, 03:18pm
Member No: #432
Thanks both,
The replacement strut idea seems logical. The other one has the plastic cap but is just blank underneath.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club