Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Car Care and Maintenance Tips

Roof Bars

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
gmerry   
Sun Jan 17 2010, 12:26pm
Member No: #21
Hi, I'm looking to see if anyone has fitted roof bars (for cycle carrier etc) to their C6. If so, which make and model and do you have any feedback as to security/ease of fitting. Citroen on the UK website state that their own bars are dealer fit only. Is this because the round pins (underneath the little flaps) need to be removed to access a threaded hole (eg like the C4 system) or for some other reason.

Thule website/literature suggests that the C6 and C5 share a common roof mounting system or foot. Altera literature states that the system is the same as a Pug 205 or 307.

Note, I've seen some ebay adverts for C6 bars which have a strap fitting over the top of the door. That would surely break the window glass!!!. I think I will avoid these.
michaelb   
Sun Jan 17 2010, 05:48pm
Member No: #14
Thule seem quite happy that their system fits straight on. Although how you work out 6 Nm of torque on your Allen keys is a good guess.

I have a pair of Thule bars and am keen to see if their part number 3017 really does work with the C6 as they say.
gmerry   
Sat Jan 30 2010, 11:08pm
Roof bars and cycle racks to suit arrived today. Unfortunately they sent me roofbars to fit Ford Focus: however the Roofbox Company admitted their mistake and have confirmed they have resent correct units. Will post when these arrive
Owen Snell   
Fri Feb 26 2010, 06:21pm
Member No: #58
We have used the Thule roof bars on several cars, changing the feet as required, and it is good equipment. Of course, the streamlined bars would look much better on the C6 than the old style square ones we have!
gmerry   
Thu Mar 11 2010, 06:12pm
Roofbars have now been fitted. There is a bit of fitting involved to set the width to the Citroen C6, as these bars also fit several Peugeot models and the C5.

They are well made and give a slightly wider mounting surface than the fully aero Citroen bars. However there doesn't seem to be any locking system (bars to car). I have therefore added the tamperproof screws as per the pictures.

At the end of the day, these appear to be good for my purposes (bikes occasionally a roofbox)

Hope this helps others make their choices

Regards

G

gmerry   
Thu Mar 11 2010, 06:14pm
One more picture
urb   
Mon Mar 15 2010, 05:43pm
Member No: #26
In the delivery of my car roof bar was included (so I don't know the price of them).

Fitting was straight on, took a minute.

Put 3 pictures up of the roof bar in the image gallery.

Link below " My C6"
gmerry   
Mon Mar 15 2010, 08:56pm
Urb, your Citroen roofbars certainly look smooth. Same styling as those for the C4 but different mounting foot/clamp arrangment.

I'd probably recommend these over the aftermarket types, especially for the integrated lock. A slightly wider bar which allows a roofbox and a bike rack is the only advantage of my bars.

Regarding your towbar, did this come pre-fitted with the car. I've asked my dealer to provide a quote for fitting. 3 weeks later and several calls still waiting. Your detachable bar looks like a Borsal?

Regards
urb   
Mon Mar 15 2010, 09:51pm
Member No: #26
gmerry wrote ...

Regarding your towbar, did this come pre-fitted with the car. I've asked my dealer to provide a quote for fitting. 3 weeks later and several calls still waiting. Your detachable bar looks like a Borsal?

No, it was subsequently mounted by the workshop.

Part Number: 942778, but it is a Bosal.

Became a few visits to the workshop, when they had problem getting the automatic shutdown
of the rear parking radar to work.
tonyrome   
Thu May 27 2010, 10:10am
Member No: #15
I bought a pair of genuine Thule Aero roof bars, the C6 foot pack and two Thule 591 Pro cycle carriers, as I wanted to be able to carry a couple of bicycles on the C6. It's pretty expensive stuff but at least I can re-use everything on another car, with a different foot pack.

The roof bars themselves look OK and the 591s are an excellent design. However, the first thing I noticed was that, at anything above 50km/h, there is a whistling noise, whether cycles are fitted or not. The amount of wind noise when carrying two bicycles at speed, is incredible! I have just returned from a trip to the Baltic sea coast, which is 3 hours or so from Berlin, and it was really getting on my nerves! Fuel economy also dropped significantly, thanks to tallboy-like aerodynamics .

So, OK for short journeys but I really wouldn't fancy taking my cycles on a trip to the UK, for example!
Tanov   
Wed Aug 08 2018, 05:24am
Member No: #2384
Do you know if the genuine Citroen bars are with 20x20 mm T-tracks or I need adapters?
Tjensen   
Wed Aug 08 2018, 03:32pm
Member No: #954
I have the same Thule setup: Double: one set for luggage and long things, one set for kayaks, with the Thule Kayak holders. No whistling. Check the small plastic ends on both sides, if they are lacking or not in level there might by noise. I have secured them with black tape

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club