C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

2.7 Gearbox Earthing Strap Location.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
onthecut   
Sat Sep 18 2021, 05:45pm
Member No: #2793
Fairly simple question, I hope. Exactly where on the body is the end of the gearbox earthing strap fixed ? Despite being quite new, I seem to have an increasingly lazy starter motor and I need to check it's not a furry earth.

Also, am I right in thinking the +ve from the battery runs directly to the starter post, or are there any intermediate jnctions I need to check. ?

Thanks, Mike.
Tjensen   
Sun Sep 19 2021, 08:06am
Member No: #954
I do not have the answer, but: Have you measured current draw or voltage during starting ? If the voltage drops a lot the connection might be OK and you have the usual 2.7-problem of gradually failing starter bearings. If there is only slight voltage drop, then reconsider the connection hypothesis.
MGmike   
Sun Sep 19 2021, 05:56pm
Member No: #3151
I had to wrack my brain to remember where it is
You need to remove the air filter box and there should be a cable from the top of the box across to the inner wing/chassis rail.

But as Tjensen says, unless you have history of the motor having been replaced I would start (pun intended ) there...

I think the +ve runs to the distribution box with the red cover to the right of the air filter and then down to the motor.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club