Particulate Filter

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Cisco   
Wed Sep 15 2021, 09:37pm
Member No: #1429
Hey Guys,

I've run my car about once a month at idle for about 10 minutes for the last three years to keep everything working while sorned... But it seems that the particulate filter is now completely blocked so I'm going to buy a new filter rather than try to run a regeneration cycle on my drive which I expect would result in lots of smoke and noise..

Can anyone recommend a vendor..the prices seem to be all over the place from around £120 to £300 for a new item. Or suggest a better way forward...

Thanks in advance,

Frank
MGmike   
Wed Sep 15 2021, 10:37pm
Member No: #3151
A few options....
1, take it off and (back) pressure wash it out and then let it regenerate in use
2, Send it to be cleaned by an "expert"
3, I sell you a used one that isn't blocked (and as I'm in East Calder you can collect for free or I'll drop it around for beer tokens )

Cisco   
Thu Sep 16 2021, 06:20am
Hi Mike,

Option 3 seems like a no-brainer, I'll pm you to sort out details

Many thanks,

Frank

MGmike wrote ...

A few options....
1, take it off and (back) pressure wash it out and then let it regenerate in use
3, I sell you a used one that isn't blocked (and as I'm in East Calder you can collect for free or I'll drop it around for beer tokens )

Cisco   
Mon Sep 27 2021, 05:46pm
Good to meet you at the weekend Michael. Also, thanks for the advice and the DPF of course

MGmike wrote ...

A few options....

MGmike   
Mon Sep 27 2021, 06:11pm
Member No: #3151
And you Frank. Now you know where I am, don't be a stranger. Always happy to natter C6 stuff (when the boys don't trip the breakers )

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club