C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Non-opening front passenger door.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
onthecut   
Fri Sep 03 2021, 09:11am
Member No: #2793
No sooner one job done (speedo, front leg) than another pops up. Suddenly, the front passenger door won't open, either from inside or outside.

Pulling the outside handle triggers the glass drop, but that's it. Any thoughts most welcome.

Mike.
MGmike   
Fri Sep 03 2021, 11:52am
Member No: #3151
let me check tomorrow but I think the lock it's self is mechanical in nature (most are). That would suggest a broken lock mechanism or actuating cables/rods. Could be a [%*^#@!] to get into if the door is closed!
onthecut   
Fri Sep 03 2021, 02:13pm
Member No: #2793
That's just what I'm thinking --- unless the time honoured strip of thin metal between the glass and the weatherstrip will get a result.
MGmike   
Sat Sep 04 2021, 05:38pm
Member No: #3151
Checked today and both handles are connected to the lock mechanism by wires.

Bad news is that the metal down the weatherstrip trick won't work as the lock mechanism is contained inside a plastic box!

I really don't know what to suggest as you need the door open to get to all the fixings! You can probably get the door card off but you would need to remove the seat and move it in to the back to get full access. Even then I'm not sure you'll be able to do much as I suspect the internals of the lock have failed.

Let us know how you get on....

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club